Richardson Executive Search
Business Development Manager Edmonton, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated Business Development Manager to join a leading aggregate company based in Edmonton. The successful candidate will be responsible for building new business, identifying new customers and market segments, maintaining existing customer relationships, receiving and responding to any RFP or bid opportunities and will be the face of the organization across existing and new customer industries.
Reporting into the President, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the pursuit and the acquisition of new business as well as maintaining and developing existing business mainly in Alberta. The Business Development Manager would work out of the clients Edmonton location and would be expected to travel up to 50% within Alberta as required.
Our client is an Alberta-based producer and supplier of aggregates for leading oil field companies, industrial projects and road construction throughout Alberta. They have continued their growth strategy in Alberta through the identification and acquisition of additional gravel holdings and equipment. They are able to maintain a significant inventory of aggregate for immediate distribution and hold one of the largest supplies of aggregates in Alberta spread over multiple locations.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Create, update and maintain presentations for project/service proposals and client updates.
- Prepare sales contracts in accordance with organizations guidelines and criteria.
- Client relationship management, communication with operations teams and corporate offices relating to activity and progress.
- Develop a comprehensive business development plan and strategy to increase market share in Alberta.
- Effectively prospect and qualify potential clients to support long-term business growth.
- Generate, manage, and convert high-potential sales leads.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; develop and negotiate contracts; integrate contract requirements with business operations.
- Lead all business development activities across Alberta.
- Develop and maintain existing strategies to drive profitable growth and ensure world-class service for their customers.
- Assist in achieving profitable growth by meeting the objectives of the strategy and business plans.
- Identify trendsetting ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Track and report on business development efforts and revenue growth.
- Follow up and ensure total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Think strategically by seeing the bigger picture and setting objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Post-Secondary education (diploma or degree) is preferred.
- Aggregate industry experience is a must.
- Minimum of 5-10 year of progressive experience related to business development/sales; industry experience preferred.
- Possess a broad understanding of the aggregate business to support key contacts and projects within leading oil field companies, industrial projects and road construction companies.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; with a high level of professionalism and motivation for sales while respecting the diversity of opinions and an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
KEYCOMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Assertive and Balanced: Understands how to move a sales situation along without frustrating or creating an adversarial environment with customers. Ability to convey message to clients firmly, fairly and with passion.
- Adaptable Communication Style: Ability to adapt and tailor communication style to all customer segments and demographics (from front line to executives). Ensures that the execution of business between both parties is simple and straightforward. Internally, communicates effectively with all levels of the organization. Speaks clearly and is able to read audiences while creating rapport. Exercises active listening while having conversations with stakeholders.
- Business Acumen: Understands key business fundamentals, understands the drivers of financial health and accountability of the company and demonstrates commitment to maintain its ongoing fiscal soundness.
- Customer Focus: Pays attention to customer needs, adapting as these evolve. Follows through on commitments and demonstrates dedication to customers throughout entire sales cycle. Remains connected to customers past the sale, conveys genuine appreciation for the customers business and ensures customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Drives Results: Maintains a sense of urgency and helps to create a culture where organizational performance is top of mind. Relentless pursuit of excellence. Sets high sales targets and seeks to exceed them.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: An attitude and approach to thinking is to actively seek out change, rather than waiting to adapt to change. Mindset where you ask critical questions, innovate and seek continuous improvement. Demonstrates personal investments and commitment to the companys vision.
- Forward Strategic Thinker: Stays abreast of the best practices, new trends and technology to provide strategic direction and make informed recommendations.
- Product Knowledge: Understands the products, capabilities, services and value proposition of the company and effectively communicates to customers.
- Relationship Builder: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both parties. Good relationships are the key to getting things done and are essential when your success is dependent on others.
- Time Management: Ability to sort through leads uses analytics to identify priorities and characteristics that ideal leads would have. Drive to be highly productive and exercises strong time management skills.
Up to 50% travel through Alberta. A company vehicle will be provided.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca