Richardson Executive Search
Category Specialist- Cannabis Derived Products Grande Pointe, Ontario
Category Specialist- Cannabis Derived Products
Our client, has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of Category Specialist. The Organization is evolving into Cannabis 2.0 space and developing products that span the recreational markets. The individual for this role will be someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for cannabis, and a thorough understanding of the extracts market and its associated products.
Summary: This role is a unique business development position focused primarily on prospecting, developing, and exploring the vastly expanding space within Cannabis derived extracts and the related products (oils, edibles, vape cartridges, beverages, etc). The individual for this role will be someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for cannabis, and a thorough understanding of the extracts market and its associated products. This role will ideally be based out of Grande Pointe, ON- however they are open to remote work location with occasional travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prospecting and lead generation for extraction and 2.0 product opportunities in the B2B space within Canada and Internationally.
- Collaborating with marketing and sales to advise on product offerings for the company’s unique set of brands.
- Internal education of key stakeholders surrounding the 2.0 products and what makes them unique.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current products within the assigned category of cannabis derived product.
- Analyzing and reporting on market trends within the assigned category.
- Evaluating 2.0 partners for their product portfolio, extraction type, and efficiency.
- Record and maintain all data collection from process
- Works closely with manufacturing on R&D and Business Development in new formulations, reformulations, and innovation
- Works with the QA department to ensure required testing and documentation is in place
- Develops SOPs for pilot-scale and large-scale manufacturing of pipeline products for commercialization and business partnerships
1-2 years directly related experience with cannabis extracts
– Experience with sales/business development
– Bachelors/Professional Degree is considered an asset (Diploma with major in Sciences, Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology)
– Experience working within a CRM (Salesforce)
– Experience preferred Pharmaceutical (1 year), Manufacturing (1 year) or Nutraceuticals (1 year)
– Team player while also able to operate with little direct supervision – Microsoft Office 365 proficient