Richardson Executive Search
Chief Operating Officer Edmonton, AB
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer to join an established food manufacturing company based in Edmonton, Alberta. Richardson Executive Search is searching for a proven executive with a strong business acumen, entrepreneurial aptitude, and a demonstrated ability to drive considerable and sustainable growth. We are looking for someone who is familiar with a recurring revenue model and a track record of building and developing meaningful relationships with prospective and current customers and suppliers. The ideal candidate should have an intuitive, interpersonal ability to manage a large staff with equanimity, be comfortable with the responsibility for all financial aspects of plant operations and is sincerely interested in product manufacturing and development.
If you are energized by solving challenges, ranging from small operational details to big strategic moves, and are competitive and like to win, this may be the opportunity for you. An excellent compensation package plus incentives will be offered for the right candidate that has a roll-up-your sleeves attitude and management style and shares their vision, values and work ethic.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will report into the Chief Executive Officer, be supported by a Board of Directors, and manage a team of 150+ people. The COO will focus on running the day-to-day operations to support company growth which will include strategies and instructions by the Board of Directors as it relates to sales opportunities and operational excellence. The successful COO will support a strong vision and direction for the team while fostering bottom-up participation in process improvement from all levels of the organization. This is a hands-on position that requires high level, innovative thinking and the ability to get down in the weeds to dissect, analyze, hire, and train, and lead change as required. The COO will have solid experience in technology integration and enterprise systems to manage workflow along with CRM tools for sales, marketing and customer service. This role requires the COO to be as comfortable closing a sale in front of a client as they are on the production floor with production staff.
Founded in 1989, Crust Craft is a high-capacity bakery serving retail and food service clients across the country. Crust Craft combines the state-of-the-art technology with time-honored artisanal baking techniques.
They have built their reputation as an industry leader built on a foundation of satisfied clients. They follow lean and continuous improvement methodologies and have built an exceptional culture for advancement and growth within their organization.
For more information, please visit their website at www.crustcraft.com
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures, setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth while establishing policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Building a team to help execute the Board of Directors and current CEO and founder vision.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data, metrics and key performance indicators.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the companys vision, mission and objectives.
- Manage the organizations compliances with applicable health and safety laws, regulations and standards.
- Address and solve problems related to staffing, equipment, facilities or space, materials, supplies and systems to facilitate and optimize sustainable growth, including move to a new plant facility.
- Risk and budget analysis.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Approachable and an aptitude for mentoring, guiding, giving feedback on frequent basis.
- Proactive style and able to analyze problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Hi level of equanimity when issues arise; assesses options, weights, risk and impact, feels comfortable making quick informed decisions.
- Ability to go deep (requirements and process) and fly high (strategic and forward thinking.
- Direct and firm but open to opinions and ideas of other; experience in conflict confrontation, intervention and resolution for positive outcomes; negotiation and communications skills to interact with all levels of company staff.
- Self-motivated/ results-oriented management processes; leads by example.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Sound judgment, strong communication and team building to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Able to build solid relationships with senior leaders of the company.
- A strong focus on quality and safety in a manufacturing facility.
- 5+ years experience in a senior C-level role; previous COO experience is an asset.
- Bachelors Degree in business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar relevant field.
- 10+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma knowledge would be a definite asset.
- In-depth knowledge of different business functions such as HR, Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing etc.
- Proven background and experience managing full profit and loss responsibilities including strong analytical skills using Microsoft Dynamics platforms, Excel data and manipulation, KPI dashboards, and MS software, managing inventory and capital requirements.
- Good financial understanding along with cost management, business planning, and goal-setting with management.
- A professional and resourceful leader with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to lead by example, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and is able to positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong organization and time management skills, as well as strong attention to detail and consistent customer focus are all required skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca