Richardson Executive Search
Chief Revenue Officer Calgary, AB
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) will lead the sales/account-management, marketing and customer success teams to drive revenue growth. This position is accountable for revenue, profitability and the brand of OPI and OPI offerings, as well as to work closely with product management and the development team to expand our product and service offering. The position is also responsible to provide executive leadership in the development and implementation of the strategic plan, particularly around opportunities relating to growth both channel and recurring revenue.
Lead sales/account management (SAM) marketing and customer success team, to drive revenue, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
- Work with senior management and accounting staff to establish annual budgets and revenue targets, then manage the P&L
- Develop and manage all sales goals and metrics across the SAM team, including the preparation of sales quotas, budgets, reporting
- Integrate and align sales strategies with available talent, processes, IT systems and other areas to increase SAM force capability and success
- Manage the activities and performance of all inside SAM personnel, including monthly meetings, training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis
- Conduct analysis to manage sales performance against corporate/market objectives
- Manage marketing, both internal hire and external resources
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and event collateral materials, analyst and market research management, and website design and content, either director or on an outsourced basis
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation
- Oversee product management from a market perspective, interface with engineering for product development, product pricing and product lifecycle management
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training presentations, sales tools competitive analysis and general sales support
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities
- Manage the C/S team, driving customer satisfaction
- Bring C/S to profitability, by reducing churn, and recapturing/growing ARR
Develop and implement revenue generation programs that scale to worldwide markets
- Development, implement and manage a channel development and management program.
- Scale out the Channel Management program, including a biz/channel-dev hire
- Develop annuity-based business/sales models and distribution/licensing agreements.
- Grow recurring revenue, such as through a HAAS (Hardware as a Service) program
- Identify and develop new roles, such as outbound sales, to help drive revenue.
- Maximize relationships with key retail and wholesale partners.
- Business development relating to revenue generation opportunities, such as verticals to leverage new cloud-based technology.
Strategic planning and the Executive
- Owning revenue, work closely with the CEO and balance of executive to develop and implement growth strategies, and manage change. This encompasses both product life-cycle management (EOL and new technology development) as well as to champion a whole-product strategy across the organization
- Conduct regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends, create actionable items, making analysis and adjustments as required.
- Implement strategic planning including corporate positioning marketing and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning
- Sitting at the executive table, actively participate in the management and direction of the organization.
- Re-evaluate go-to-market strategies, such as channel vs direct, distributed/licensing models, and product segmentation strategies to grow revenue, stability, and valuation
Be the voice of the company and lead communication strategies
- Responsible for and implementation of corporate, internal and external customer communication strategies
- Act as a spokesperson for the company with media and analysts at industry events
- Leadership around consistent and positive messaging for internal and external customers/partners and ag industry leaders
- Be the brand champion.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- 10+ years of Sales & Marketing experience
- Channel management expertise
- Previous experience and extensive knowledge of the Ag-tech space
- Preference given to those with experience in developing
- SaaS-based annuity and/or channel-based sales models
- Strong working experience in CRM, PRM, CPQ and ERP
- Proven sales team leadership
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Entrepreneurial thinker ability to take the initiative and a change manager, be a creative thinker, with longer-range vision.
- Strong team leadership capability. Able to align individuals to achieve common goals and hold team accountable for commitments.
- Self-starter with initiative and accountability.
- Ability to strategize and execute.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas.
- Team player, mentor, and leader, who can work up, down and across the organization.
- Persistent, patient and a no quit attitude.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Joleen Droste | T: 403.718.5098 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca