Richardson Executive Search
Chief Technology Officer Calgary, AB
Our client is looking to add a Chief Technology Officer to help take their business to the next level. The perfect candidate will be able to translate ideas into strategy and follow product development from start to finish. To succeed in this role, you should be an observant and creative leader and a steadfast problem-solver.
Rounding out our executive leadership team, this role represents a truly exciting opportunity to oversee all aspects of the company’s product and tech-stack. Your leadership strengths with people, process and technology will be applied to our legacy monitoring and control systems, as well as our emerging Cloud-based platform. Strategic thinking, with a strong business acumen and extensive experience in leading teams in new product development are the key drivers for success in this role.
Our client is a leading-edge software solutions company with a worldwide reach. They have been in business for over 35 yeas and have expanded into over 40 countries with no plans to slow down. With their high energy staff, they plan to continue striving for product perfection and delivering best in class customer care.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Project Lifecycle Management
- Manage all projects from inception to end of life and Technology/Solutions Road Map Develop critical process and systems technologies to support the company’s long-term goals.
- Provide direction and leadership to development team.
- Oversee product management to map out the life cycle of all products from legacy and new product inception.
- Manage projects to budgets.
Leadership & Vision
- Provide vision and leadership that encourages growth, visibility, and teamwork between all members of the Product and Technology (internal/external) Department and Executive peers.
- Provide leadership and model the desired company culture.
- Develop and mentor leaders and potential leaders.
- Establish goals with your managers to ensure targets are met.
- Create training and development plans for department.
- Evaluate and determine department bench strength to ensure we have the right people on the right seat to move OPI forward according to business strategies and needs.
- Lead change management and encourage results desired.
Technology P&L Responsibility
- Work with Accounting/Finance to establish budgets.
- Establish with the CEO, goals for Technology.
- Improve profitability through optimization of product and processes; and identify, develop and execute growth initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for grant funding.
- Proactively manage SRED to optimize refunds.
- Act as the Product and Technology Representative of the Executive, with responsibility for executing Corporate strategies, EBITA, and ability to communicate up/down/sideways.
- Work closely with the CEO and balance of Executive to identify potential partners, or strategic alliances that support the growth strategies.
- Lead technology planning.
- Provide written and verbal reports on a regular and requested basis.
- Represent the company externally, and network with local and ag-based tech community to stay current with emerging trends.
Dev Ops / Company Systems
- Identify emerging information technologies to be analyzed, and integrated within the organization.
- Manage all hosted environments (OPI cloud).
- Analyze risk management, resource allocation, project prioritization, research and recommendation of new systems and/or software.
- Proven experience as a senior manager in the technology space or similar role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Experience in project lifecycle management
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
JOLEEN DROSTE | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca