Richardson Executive Search
Communications & Marketing Manager Vegreville, AB
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Communications & Marketing Manager to join the vibrant Town of Vegreville. This role will be involved with all aspects of the development, implementation, and delivery of the Towns internal and external communication, branding and marketing strategies. This will include strategic design, implementation and management of a range of online communication strategies and ensuring that measurable results are being driven from marketing and social media initiatives. The Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for promoting the Town, monitoring issues at a local, regional, provincial, and national level, and distributing information via the appropriate media channel to relevant internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with the Town Manager, Council, and other Town Departments so we need someone with outstanding interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgement and decision making, and a commitment to the Towns success. Anyone with previous municipality or public-sector experience would be an asset.
You can find the Town of Vegreville just 1-hour east of Edmonton, surrounded by farmland and small communities. Part of the County of Minburn, Vegreville has 5,700 residents and offers all the amenities large cities have such as shopping centers, accommodations, recreation facilities (arena, pool, tennis courts, fairgrounds, etc.), local restaurants and hosts various annual events. This community has many businesses and industries such as Agriculture, Hemp & Cannabis, Scientific & Technical, as well as Oil and Gas Manufacturing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all communications are delivered in a timely, effective, efficient, and appropriate manner.
- Manage and implement the Towns Communication Master Plan and create and execute comprehensive communication plans to support the Towns strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Attend Town Council and Legislative Committee meetings to ensure that information received directly and timely.
- Primary contact for hosting for Council and Committee Zoom meetings.
- Maintain the Towns website and app and act as liaison with the WebHost and associated stakeholders.
- Write, edit and coordinate posting of content on the Town website.
- Serve as the primary media contact for the Town.
- Assist the Town Manager in the duties of the Public Information Officer under the Crisis Communications of the Municipal Emergency Management Plan.
- Administration of the Social Media networks, namely Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Develop and maintain the photography and video library.
- Produce the Towns monthly newsletter Municipal Scoop.
- Preparation of annual report.
- Create newspaper and radio advertising, as required.
- Prepare speeches and public speaking notes for Council and Town Manager, as required.
- Advise CAO on communications such as announcements and updates for internal and external distribution(s).
- Well-developed interpersonal, public speaking and media relation skills.
- Attention to detail and solid communication, technology, organizational and analytical skills.
- Create and implement a comprehensive Marketing & Public Relations Strategy.
- Assist in the development of Marketing Strategy Policies.
- Work closely with the Economic Development and Tourism departments to execute Town related marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Produce creative ideas, concepts, and design for digital, mobile media and print.
- Design various marketing, communication and promotional material including brochures, project profiles, advertisements, posters, initiatives from other Town Departments, and notifications to the community.
- Web design, development and maintenance of the Towns website and app.
- Keep current on design trends and emerging production technologies.
- Manage, organize, and archive digital files, photos, and dockets.
- Coordinate the Towns branding image appearance is consistent on all electronic and print materials such as letterhead, notices, use of logo, and brochures.
- Develop and coordinate Social Media Strategies among the various Town department accounts.
- Excellent writing skills required to engage the online audience.
- Effective use of social media to share information with the citizens and community.
- Monitor and report on social media analytics to identify trends.
- This role is a team member of the Strategic Services department.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Public Administration.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in general Communications and Marketing (Equivalent combinations of education and experience are also considered).
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe suite, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a CRM platform, social media platforms and video editing software.
- Familiarity with FOIP and MGA are preferred.
- Relevant experience working within a municipality, particularly in a rural context, is an asset.
- Membership/involvement with the following professional organizations, would be an asset:
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS)
- Alberta Municipal Communicators Network
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and presentations skills to work with Council, staff, industry, community, and business leaders, the public, and all orders of government.
- Works collaboratively with Council and all Town departments to provide communication services for the organization.
- Must have strong political acumen to monitor emerging trends and issues including sensitive and critical communications.
- Highly motivated team player that must also be able to work individually as the provider of communications for the municipality.
- Relationship management and leadership skills are necessary for directing staff and overseeing projects.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: community engagement, time management, budget and project management, interpersonal skills, marketing, exemplary research and analytical skills, proficiency with the digital landscape and strong written and oral abilities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca