Richardson Executive Search
Controller Edmonton, AB
Reporting to the President, the Corporate Controller will be a key member of the Executive Leadership team and will focus on growth strategies, business performance and business improvement. The Corporate Controller will work internally with senior executives to analyze issues related to profitability, growth opportunities, efficiencies and opportune acquisitions. Another part of the role will be developing and maintaining relationships with the Board of Directors, the private equity investor, other shareholders, bankers, auditors and other advisors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the strategic planning process, developing growth objectives (organic and/or acquisition).
- Maximizing/optimizing the value of the investment in conjunction with the Board of Directors and executive leadership team.
- Business analysis related to profitability of departments and assets and recommendations on their development.
- Creating, coordinating, and evaluating the financial programs of the company including, but not limited to: accounting, finance, audit, inventory management, budgeting, foreign exchange strategies, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets in accordance with ASPE.
- Taking a supporting role in the companys acquisition activities, including initial evaluations of potential opportunities, arrangement of acquisition financing, closing transactions and integrations of the finance and information technology functions within new entities as Day One ready.
- Ensuring the required resources are available to meet short and long-term business objectives by working with banks and other financial institutions to source capital.
- Analyzing and optimizing cash flows, cost controls, and expenses, as well as identifying opportunities for synergies within the credit and collections function.
- Managing and monitoring the line of credit confirming it is at an optimal level.
- Ensuring the financial statements are on time and accurately represent the financial position of the company and its operations.
- Supporting the operations team with timely and accurate information to make business decisions.
- Evaluating foreign exchange strategies and making necessary adjustments, when needed.
- Ensuring compliance with all financial reporting standards.
- Developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups including bankers, insurers, external auditors and legal counsel.
- Demonstrating a proactive, dedicated and driven attitude and encouraging, supporting and developing the same in others.
- Motivating, coaching and leading teams through times of change and growth.
- The successful individual will possess a Bachelor Degree, in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration supplemented with a Professional Accounting Designation.
- 10+ years of post-qualification experience and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Hands-on experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and working paper files, including concise MD&A, KPIs, short and long-term budgets and forecasts, financial models, cash flow forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Strong financial accounting, reporting and analytical skills to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial information.
- Hands-on experience with internal controls and risk management.
- Good hands on experience with ERP systems including inventory management, work order systems and job costing.
- A deep understanding of key business drivers and fundamentals, with a track record of delivering results and driving company value.
- Multi-branch industrial distribution, oilfield sales and service, construction or heavy equipment industry experience is preferred.
- An understanding of private equity firms and strategies would be very helpful.
- Experience presenting financial information to a Board of Directors is very advantageous.
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgment and decision making on financial, business, organizational and human resource issues.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
SANDY JACOBSON | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca