Richardson Executive Search
Director – Marketing and Communications Edmonton, Alberta
Our client, one of the largest equipment dealers in the world, is seeking a Director, Marketing & Communications for their office located in Edmonton, AB. The Director, Marketing and Communications is responsible and accountable for creating, developing, and executing a well-defined and integrated marketing and communications strategic plan that advances our client’s position in revenue growth, key market segments, brand reputation, customer engagement, digital experience, customer loyalty, corporate social responsibility, and employee engagement.
The Director, Marketing and Communications (MARCOM) works closely with other key members of the executive group, senior leadership, and cross-functional team members to ensure alignment and effective execution of marketing programs. Further, the incumbent identifies challenges, opportunities and emerging issues faced by our client and works with the executive group, senior leadership team, and the MARCOM team to strategize, develop, and implement robust solutions.
The Director, Marketing and Communications (MARCOM) attracts, develops, leads, and retains a high-performing team of marketing and communication professionals capable of delivering upon the marketing strategy and objectives. Further, the incumbent leverages this high-performing team and the department’s resources, technology, systems, and processes to consistently deliver company growth aligned with business objectives.
In the strict sense of operational performance, the incumbent focuses on five key performance indices including results, agility, business alignment, impact, and teamwork. Through marketing and communicating our client’s full line of products and services, the Director, Marketing and Communication plays a major role in maintaining and growing the company’s customer base, product and service sales, and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Revenue growth – Ensure marketing plans are grounded in return-on-investment metrics that demonstrate the expected sales pipeline (ex. Sales qualified leads).
- Set concrete targets and develop and implement long-term and annual business/marketing plans to achieve these targets.
- Ensure that key product lines are supported by a strong Product Marketing function support NPI and Sales enablement.
- Elevating brand reputation – by directing the development of complete marketing plans for all regions and groups directing and overseeing all major forms of national and regional marketing media.
- Customer engagement opportunities that foster brand reputation growth and loyalty.
- Create, develop, and provide content, experiences, and channels for our customers to interact and share about our client brand (example: demo events, appreciation events, industry leading seminars, online research experience, industry leading service content, best of working in Canada content tips, etc.).
- Fully leverage a digital marketing platform to support key digital marketing efforts around the website, social media, CRM integration, eCommerce, and other digital initiatives.
- Customer experience – support the enhancement, development, and measurement of the customer experience via all interactions throughout the customer-lifecycle.
- Create, implement, and enhance advocacy programs that enable our customers to share strong testimony about our client to other industry related customers, associations, and stakeholders.
- Net Promoter® Score (NPS) customer satisfaction survey that measures whether customers would recommend our client.
- Interactions such as awareness campaigns, online purchase experience, branch parts counter purchase experience, equipment purchase experience, phone call purchase experience, field service support experiences, etc.
- Elevate our communications in both industry-facing and customer-facing.
- Lead and direct the communications group towards creating and manifesting meaningful and differentiated customer-facing storylines that support our client’s mission.
- Lead, develop, and oversee key external communications with business partners, public, media, and customers to promote a positive company image,
- Direct and oversee the communications group that controls the external dissemination of information including all industry, media, and customer facing PR.
- Direct and oversee internal communications standards, employee engagement communication platforms (Company SharePoint) that helps drive enhanced employee engagement, knowledge, and performance.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Support and communicate the company’s ESG program internally and externally.
- Effectively leads and oversees the implementation of the corporate social responsibility plan to build partnership and community and drive the achievement of CSR business objectives.
- Continually reviews the impact of our CSR investments and develops and recommends enhancements to our client executive group.
- Effectively lead and manage a team of marketing and communication professionals.
- Establish, monitor, and provide continuous feedback on MARCOM team performance goals.
- Set overall objectives and priorities for the marketing and communications team.
- Mentor and develop personnel using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
Maintains Excellent Relationships with all key stakeholders both internal & external
- Maintain excellent internal key relationships with all regions and departments including (not limited) the product support group, parts, service, equipment sales, human resources, information technologies, finance, and various respective regions.
- As a key spokesperson for our client, develop and lead external relations with OEM Marketing functions to build a collaborative approach and fully leverage OEM Marketing capabilities.
- Creates a solid network of strategic marketing and communication partnerships (internal and external).
Responsible and accountable for creating, implementing, and managing MARCOM budget
- Ensures objectives with all budgets and plans can be effectively measured.
- Analyzing metrics for marketing and communications budget to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitors key performance indicators for the equipment, parts, service, and rental sales area to ensure that marketing programs are integrated and effective in helping our client reach ongoing business goals.
- Monitors key performance indicators for all support groups (HR, IT, Training, Technical Support, etc.) to ensure marketing and communications deliverables are collaborative and synergetic.
Executive Marketing and Communications Development
- Continue develop our Marketing Business Partners, and practice innovative and critical thinking to translate strategic thinking into Marketing Business Plans to drive results and company growth.
- Studies and actively supports and implements robust marketing practices.
- Attends conferences and seminars conducted by OEMs, manufacturers, leading industry associations and leading B2B marketing organizations.
- Makes a concerted effort to keep posted on latest and most efficient marketing sales methods and our client product offerings.
- Continues to develop professional marketing and communications knowledge accordingly.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing and communications including progressive management and leadership roles (3-5 years of the experience in a leadership and people management role).
- Demonstrate a keen ability to strategically develop, implement, manage and integrate highly impactful (ROI) marketing and communications strategies and plans; ability to strategically develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with equipment, parts, and service sales leadership to create a business focused marketing and communication plans designed to drive revenue and company growth.
- Business, Technical or Commerce degree is required with a focus on marketing. Master’s of Business Administration is an asset.
- Exceptional leadership and management ability.
- Strong team player with the ability to direct, lead, and manage projects, build key relationships, and drive cross functional teams to a common goal.
- Knowledge, skill, and experience in the application/use of a wide range of marketing and communication strategies and tactics from digital marketing, event marketing, experience marketing, customer advocacy programs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing platforms and strategies include website, SEO, social media, eCommerce, and CRM.
- Good knowledge of heavy equipment industry within mining, road construction, forestry, and light construction product sectors.
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating and fiscal management principles.
- Clear understanding of different business disciplines such as IT, Finance, Accounting, Change Management, and HR.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and build strong relationships with Senior Leaders.
- Travel required (up to 20%).
FOR MORE INFORMATION
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca