Richardson Executive Search
Director of Care Calgary, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Care (DOC) to join a growing, not-for-profit home healthcare organization. Reporting to the Regional Director, the DOC will oversee and coordinate the operational and administrative management at our Calgary facility. The successful candidate will work with internal and external partners to set direction for the care and service within the facility and will participate in monitoring the operational budget and engage at site level planning. The Director of Care will create a climate of respect and adhere to both SE Health and facility standards.
SE Health is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and care experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canadas largest social enterprise, they are one of the largest diversified home health organizations in Canada. SE Health provides health care services across many areas of the health system, including home and community care, long-term care, acute care and primary care. Our customers include governments, regional health authorities, hospitals, the seniors living sector, community organizations and consumers. To learn more, visit their website at: https://sehc.com/
- In collaborating with care partners, ensures that policies and procedures are followed, and that residents receive quality, evidence-based care and services in accordance with SE Health and Alberta Health Services policies, practices and expectations.
- Identifying staffing requirements, interviewing and recommending the appointment of new staff.
- Supporting and coaching employees and participating in Performance management as necessary.
- Managing clinical supplies.
- Budgeting accountabilities and making recommendations for continuous improvements through data analysis, implementation and evaluation.
- Planning continuous quality improvement programs.
- Coordinating ongoing clinical education for staff in collaboration with site educator.
- Ensuring a safe environment for all residents, families, and staff by implementing and monitoring infection prevention and control programs
- Participating in the investigation of Resident/ Family complaints, and Resident and staff incidents, responding verbally and/or in writing to Residents/ Families regarding outcomes of investigations and reporting complaints by facilitating resolution to any concerns raised by residents, families and staff
- Responsible for the hiring, orientation, development and on-going mentoring of clinical staff in the facility.
- Providing learning and development for the team to ensure they continue to deliver superior care and services to the residents.
- Overseeing and implementing process to ensure compliance with CCHSS, Accommodation and IPAC standards
- Creating an environment that builds on the principles of an integrated team approach.
- Coaching, mentoring and empowering an interdisciplinary team by building trust, respect and a just culture.
- Collaborating with operations leadership to meet or exceed benchmarks for operational efficiencies and to assist in the attainment of all required contractual and performance standards.
- Ensuring adherence to SE Standards and contractual obligations
- Performing reasonable duties, as assigned
- Minimum of one year of experience in long term care as a registered nurse (RN), and a minimum of 5-7 years of RN experience in a managerial/director level capacity in a health care organization
- Degree in Nursing; Masters preferred.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community.
- Ability to actively listen and collaboratively resolve issues.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think about “Sharing Hope and Happiness”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficient in use of computers.
- Knowledge of clinical point of care documentation applications (preferred).
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca