Richardson Executive Search
Director of Finance Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Finance to step into an international organization and a leader in North American Transportation and Logistics. This is a fast-paced and challenging environment with lots of moving parts. The type of person we are looking to attract will be a dynamic leader that is data-driven with a strong background and passion for financial reporting, high attention to detail, and the ability to motivate, coach, and manage team performance. This position can be based out of Saskatoon, or Calgary with travel as needed.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director of Finance must have strong leadership, organizational, and technical skills as they will be managing a team of divisional designated professionals. The role and responsibilities will be forecasting and financial reporting activities that follow IFRS guidelines, along with cash flow management and risk mitigation. The Director of Finance will be responsible for managing, controlling, planning, and organizational processes of the accounting department.
- Assist in managing the following financial reporting processes:
- Compliance with applicable accounting and reporting standards and best practices.
- Monthly financial reports completed in accordance with schedules.
- Revenue and expenditure projections throughout the year.
- Design and development of financial reports as required.
- Review of all year-end working papers.
- Develop and execute annual audit plans.
- Compliance with regulatory laws, standards, and taxation requirements and filings:
- Approve monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual GST filings.
- Review annual income tax filings.
- Develop and update finance policies and procedures as required.
- Provide recommendations to enhance financial processes.
- Develop and reconstruct CSOCs as needed.
- MnA experience is considered an asset, as organic growth continues.
- Maintain Risk Registers for all departments.
- Develop risk reporting as requested and report to the Executive Leadership team.
- Prepare an annual operational plan for maintaining and updating risks for all departments. Report and present all significant risks to the respective Boards and Committees.
- Complete courses related to ERM and enhance the practices and reporting at the company.
- Provide input to the organization’s business plans and annual operational plans, budget, and key performance indicators.
- Monitor and report on initiatives and take corrective actions to address issues.
- Provide business operations management with advice and guidance on the financial implications of business activities.
- Hire, train, and supervise finance staff as well as conduct annual staff performance reviews.
- CPA designation is required (CFA designation would be considered an asset).
- 5-10 years of management experience dealing with people and process.
- 5-10 years of financial reporting experience (experience in the Trucking, LTL, Logistics or Supply Chain industries would be considered an asset).
- Financial statement presentation experience to other levels of management.
- Enterprise Risk management (ERM) experience is considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Additional attributes include:
- Strong financial reporting and accounting standard technical skills (IFRS experience would be considered an asset).
- Understanding of an International organization’s SOPs around compliance.
- Awareness and understanding of Trucking and Logistics industry would be an asset.
- Ability to prepare concise position papers supporting accounting treatments.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prepare accurate, comprehensive, clear, and concise financial reports.
- Excellent leadership skills with a strong ability to motivate, coach, and effectively manage team performance with a positive, “get it done” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca