Richardson Executive Search
Director of Information Services Edmonton, Alberta
We are looking for an experienced Director, Information Services to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions for our client. You will oversee a team of IT talented team of technology professionals and manage the companys technology operations, all Software Development and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
The desired Director, Information Services is very knowledgeable in the software development life cycle, IT infrastructure, data architecture concepts and data security protocols. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing software systems, IS policies, access to data and maintaining/upgrading in house software systems that will meet strategic objectives. This candidate understands that we are a sales organization with live in production systems that will require instant support if required.
Participate in corporate strategic planning and translate business goals into IT priorities and solutions. Able to multitask business and technical roles seamlessly and can operate at both the strategic and tactical levels of the organization.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Mentor and support our software development team
- Mentor and support our data scientists and the development of our Data warehouse
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise computer scientists, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca