Richardson Executive Search
Director of Operations Leduc, Alberta
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Operations to join a Waste Management Commission in Leduc, Alberta. The Commission is comprised of five municipalities and focuses on waste reduction, recycling and resource conservation. The Director of Operations will manage both day-to-day and long-term activities for the Commission including supervising the operation’s contractor, maintaining compliance with operating approvals, identifying capital and operational requirements, and assisting in annual budgeting. This is a newly created position and will report to the Commission Manager. This position will drive the organization’s goal of expansion and growth to better serve its users and move forward with an environmental focus. They will also attend monthly Technical Committee and Board meetings as required.
The Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Facility provides service to residents of member municipalities. Member municipalities include the City of Leduc, Leduc County, City of Beaumont, Town of Devon and the Town of Calmar.
For more information about Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Commission, please visit https://leducregionallandfill.ca/.
Manage Operations Contract
- Supervise site operations.
- Provide direction to operation’s contractor.
- Ensure Operator is maintaining proper landfill and operations procedures including fill planning and applying daily cover.
- Ensure Operator is meeting regulatory obligations.
- Review and approve invoices, change orders, and other contractual requests.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for operational improvements and efficiencies.
- Identify capital requirements in the short and long-term.
- Develop cost estimates for budgeting purposes.
- Implement long-term development plan.
- Identify value-added opportunities for the Commission.
- Coordinate and integrate efforts between service providers on site (Operations, Engineering, Environmental Monitoring).
- Update and manage policies and procedures related to site operations.
- Ensure that safety standards are met and maintained.
- Manage customer relations and issues.
Attend Technical Committee and Board Meetings
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Prepare operational and statistical reports.
- Liaise with members of the Commission including member municipalities and management staff.
- A technical diploma or degree in environmental sciences or business is considered an asset.
- 10 years’ experience in operations, 5 years in a supervisor role.
- Experience in budgeting and project management is considered an asset.
- Experience in solid waste management facility operations including landfill and public drop-off operations is considered an asset.
This role offers a hybrid work environment with the commitment of being on site three (3) days a week or as required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
SANDY JACOBSON | T: 780.944.1327| E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca