Richardson Executive Search
Executive Director Edmonton, Alberta
The board of Alberta Chicken Producers is looking for a strong leader to build on the remarkable service that the outgoing Executive Director has brought to the industry over the past decade. The new Executive Director will champion the execution of our mission to create a thriving environment for sustainable chicken production in our competitive, consumer-focused value chain. The successful candidate will have a vivid track record of fostering teamwork and building trusting relationships. Strong communication skills are essential. This position will work closely with the board; experience in governance is an asset.
The Executive Director ensures the strategic priorities of Alberta Chicken Producers are accomplished in alignment with our Standards of Leadership and board-set policies, supports the Board in fulfilling its governance and strategic functions, and is responsible for the effective operations of our organization.
Alberta Chicken Producers is a farmer-run, not-for-profit marketing board that regulates broiler chicken production in Alberta. The organization is comprised of 250 regulated chicken producers, and its mission is to serve Alberta’s chicken producers by collaborating with key stakeholders to create a thriving environment for sustainable chicken production and encourage a competitive, consumer-focused value chain.
For more information, please visit their website at: www.chicken.ab.ca.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Strategic & Policy
- Assist the Board in setting strategic direction, governance principles, and formulating major Board policy.
- Effectively implement Board decisions and strategic direction.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including producers, government, marketing council, processors, and other industry partners.
- Keep the Board informed on matters relating to the chicken industry.
- Set meeting agendas and coordinate required documentation for board meetings in consultation with the chair.
- Advise the Board with respect to its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Guide and empower staff in implementing ACP’s strategic priorities.
- Ensure ACP maintains an effective and efficient organizational structure and resources that can deliver on the organization’s operational responsibilities and strategic goals.
- Inform the board on the financial health of the organization including the preparation of an annual budget and quarterly financial statements for board approval.
- Ensure ACP maintains effective plans, processes and resources for crisis and emergency
- Experience building trusting relationships and environments.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate various teams to successfully achieve results largely through impact and influence.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Board governance understanding and experience.
- Positive, proactive, future focused.
- Facilitating consensus.
- Strategic thinking.
- Financial acumen.
- Empowering, creating shared ownership, setting others up for success.
- Industry knowledge.
- Showing evidence of lifelong learning.
- Supply management knowledge.
To be considered, candidates must satisfy our expectations about:
- Character: care, integrity, honesty, fairness
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, self-awareness
The office and staff are based in Edmonton. We offer a comprehensive compensation package that is commensurate with experience and aligned with similar roles in similar organizations. The salary range will be $160,000 to $210,000, based on qualifications and experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Daryl Henry | E: Dhenry@richardsonsearch.ca | www.richardsonsearch.ca