Richardson Executive Search
Executive Director (RN) Calgary, Alberta
We have an excellent opportunity for an Executive Director who is a Registered Nurse (RN) to join a growing long-term health care provider based in Calgary, Alberta. This leadership position exists to ensure that the residents of the Millrise Senior’s Village receive the best care and experience possible; that the staff at Millrise are empowered to provide the best resident care and experience, and that day-to-day management of the facility is efficient and effective. In this role, working with a dedicated management team, you will have overall accountabilities for all aspects of our 182-bed facility, employing 250 staff. As the site lead, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of synergies between clinical care and operations, customer service and sales, budget management, priority setting, metrics monitoring, program management and relationship building both internal and external.
- Deliver the highest quality of safe and loving care and experiences for residents, and ensure standards of care set out in legislations, regulations, standards, and requirements set out by Alberta Health Services are met or exceeded, driven by leading practice and innovations in Ageing.
- Oversee the effective people leadership, management, and service delivery of all Millrise services, including Nursing, Health Care Aid, Allied Health and Medical services, Finance and Business Services, Hospitality Services, Building and Grounds Maintenance, Administrative Services, property management, safety/security.
- Provide responsive and effective communication with residents, their families, staff, physicians, funders, partners, and all other internal and external stakeholders on all relevant matters.
- Set and achieve targets, expectations, budget, and Key Performance Indicators for operational and clinical departments based on national, provincial and site level priorities; prepare corresponding reports for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Identify gaps in services and develop or oversee the development of appropriate programs and services to meet identified needs, including recommendations for change and implementation to increase or decrease services, improve efficiency, and make effective utilization of allocated resources, including directing Quality Improvement initiatives in accordance with the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and resident safety program.
- Lead, engage and develop the management team to enable each individual to perform at their best, to find meaning in their work, and to support their clients with exemplary service resulting in an exceptional experience and outstanding care.
- Coach, train, and develop your people (as individuals and as a team) to enhance their skills and abilities, to support their ongoing development, and to lead themselves and their teams.
- Ensure daily, 24-hour coverage within Millrise and ensure availability to respond to all emergency situations or urgent decisions that impact the residents or staff at all times.
- Ensure the security and protection of residents, staff, the physical plant, and grounds at all times.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with CARNA.
- University Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Health/Social Services or related field. Master’s degree in a related field will be considered an asset.
- Over five years of progressive senior leadership experience required, preferably in health or social services sectors. Experience in Long-Term Care and unionized environment will be considered an asset.
- Experience working effectively with Union partners is considered an asset.
- Long-Term Care Certification or commitment to complete within one year of start date required.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, communication and change management skills.
- Strong resource management skills, including budget planning and oversight, workforce management, vendor management, etc.
- Highly proficient in planning, organizing, decision making and influencing.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Exceptional change leadership in senior’s health.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Applicants should possess a valid driver’s license, have a vehicle and be willing to travel when required.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Immunizations up to date including a 2nd dose Covid Vaccine.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca