Richardson Executive Search
Our client is a reputable, Alberta-based non-for-profit organization with a mission to provide crisis intervention, long-term support and preventative education to break the cycle of domestic abuse in their communities.
The Executive Director provides strategic leadership to our client and is responsible for the day to day operational management of the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the human, physical and financial resources are effectively meeting the Vison, Mission and Strategic Goals. This person will be a growth and results minded individual that will bring passion and vision to the organization.
The ED will have a deep understanding of the needs of the trauma informed support for people affected by family violence, including the development and provision of effective programs and services to end family violence. They will ensure that all operational activities undertaken are in line with the Vision and Mission as determined and approved by the Board of Directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work diligently toward achieving the mission of the organization by consistently updating the Board on relevant risk related operational concerns, monthly statistical and general reporting, leading operations and supporting Board committees.
- With input from the leadership team, develop the working Operational plan for Board approval ensuring its alignment with the strategic vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Create clear, concise and measurable operational goals within the Operational Plan to ensure that ED performance and organizational growth is measurable.
- Effectively communicate the operational plan to employees and ensure that the team
- Board approved policies as required for management and operational success.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including AHS, ACWS, Provincial Ministries, donors, community groups, professionals, other provincial shelters, and media.
- Responsible for stewardship and maintenance of physical assets.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of effective IT and information management systems.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Administration, ensure that all administrative activities adhere to the organizations bylaws, legal and contractual obligations, and all local operating procedures, bylaws and
Leadership of Staff
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, orientation and retention of
- Specifically supervise and provide clinical supervision to reporting relationships as identified within the organizational structure. Provide ongoing support, coaching and mentoring to those positions identified within the organizational structure as having direct reporting relationships to the ED.
- Maintain confidential and concise employee records in collaboration with the Manager of Administration.
- Provide access to professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Model excellent communication skills, listening, respecting employee input and using it to develop solutions where appropriate.
- Assist staff to develop skills and competencies and delegate responsibilities in accordance with staff job
- Empower Managers and Team Leads to develop and nurture direct reporting staff while providing the leadership team with mentorship and guidance.
- Ensure annual performance evaluations are completed for all staff.
- Facilitate the development of a succession plan for all key positions.
Communications and Public Relations:
- Represent the organization as one of the primary Media Contact in a concise, professional manner with delegation of this authority only within terms of the internal policy manual.
- Represents the organization at designated functions in a positive professional manner representing their values and mission.
Financial Management and Fund Development
- Responsible for financial management developing annual budgets and financial statements for Board approval in collaboration with the Manager of Administration.
- Ensures the proper administration of funds according to the budget as approved annually by the Board.
- Responsible for reporting to the Board through financial statements of revenues and expenditures in collaboration with the Manager of Administration.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping, and accounting procedures are maintained, and that they comply with tax obligations, not for profit status requirements, and all relevant regulations.
- Supervises financial outcomes (budgeting, financial reporting and external audits) in collaboration with the Manager of Administration.
- Proactively manages revenue generation to support organizational
- Responsible for revenue generation, reporting and demonstrating accountability to donors and funders.
- In collaboration with the Resource Development Manager ensure the Resource Development Team achieves funding targets and has a long-range plan to financially support the goals and objectives of the Society.
- Support the Resource Development team in the preparation of funding and Grant
- Ensures that signing authority for contracts and approval limits are strictly adhered to as per approved
- Develop and nurture strong community, sector and funding relationships to ensure the organization can achieve its Strategic Goals through implementation of the operational
- Manages and mitigates the Operational risk factors associated with people, tasks/projects, knowledge and
- Develops, implements and manages the Operational risk management plan.
- Ensures Operational risk management policies are in place.
- Assesses and ensures that potential threats to the reputation and brand of the organization are diffused and that the Board of Directors is advised
- Communicate any potential risks to the Board immediately (financial, security, employee, policy etc)
- Work collaboratively with the Board in the planning processes, including its strategic, operational plans and annual budget, and implements the same once approved by the Board.
- Keeps the Board informed on matters relating to the Domestic Abuse and related Sector.
- Works diligently to maintain open channels of communication between Board and
- Identify emerging issues that affect the organization and provide this information to the Board of Directors.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to ensure that the organization can utilize suitable mechanisms for a change in strategic direction when necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years of not-for-profit experience
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors
- Management experience
- Must have a growth mindset for the organization
- Flexibility in work hours
- As this is a Management Position, no overtime will be paid, or time off in lieu of overtime worked will be paid as per Alberta Labor Standards.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca