Richardson Executive Search
FarmCash Program Finance Specialist Calgary, Alberta
We have an exciting opportunity for a FarmCash Program Finance Specialist to join the Alberta Wheat Commission in Calgary, Alberta. This team does work in-office and has an amazing team and culture that you would be part of. If you’re passionate about agriculture and supporting farms and have a strong finance background, this role is for you!
- Working within the strategic priorities of the Alberta Wheat Commission as a whole, this position is part of a team responsible for executing the Advance Payments Program (APP) operations.
- Review, assess and process FarmCash applications.
- Ensure the advances are issued in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Enter the advances into the database.
- Register and cancel the security on a product through Personal Property Registry.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring, and collecting payments from producers.
- Register the Business Risk Management assignments with Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) or Global Ag Risk Solutions (GARS), Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Corporation (SCIC), Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation (MASC) &/or BC Production Insurance.
- Follow up with applicants in regard to outstanding documents.
- Prepare and issue monthly statements of accounts to producers
- Prepare and send reminders to producers on their account’s status – outstanding balances (principal, interest, penalties) and proof of sales reminders.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports for submission to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
- Enter monthly defaulted producer’s penalties in AAFC’s system.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the FarmCash objectives and growth plans.
- Monitor bank transactions daily and reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Program Years accounts and submit to AAFC – monthly reconciliations include interest expense reconciliation, bank reconciliation, Banker’s Acceptance (BA) reconciliation, advances reconciliation and repayments reconciliation.
- Enter advances information into Great Plains software.
- Maintain a filing system for all advances.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and producer files.
- Complete projects and tasks focusing on loan issuance, credit risk assessment, and related administrative responsibilities.
- Production of monthly reports including reconciliations for use by Executive management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the FarmCash Program Manager or the FarmCash Customer Relations Manager or the Chief Operating Officer.
- 2+ years of experience in lending/banking/financing.
- Degree/Diploma in accounting or finance or business administration or equivalent experience.
- Lender/Bank Account Manager experience.
- Non-for-Profit experience would be an asset.
- A passion for agriculture and enjoy working in a diverse, flexible, and team-based environment.
- Superior communication, written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Superb time management skills and able to prioritize tasks and competing priorities.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Analytical skills and knowledge of, or experience in, banking products and investments.
- In-depth understanding of credit risk assessment.
- Knowledge in Internal Business Management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced in-person and virtual work environment.
- Firm understanding of agricultural research, grant writing and project management.
- Flexible, very well-organized and detail oriented.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
JESSE JACOBSON | T: 587.453.4242 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca