Richardson Executive Search
General Manager Edmonton, AB
We have a unique opportunity for a General Manager to oversee a distinctive and one-of-a-kind restaurant in Edmonton. The type of person we need is passionate, driven, can motivate and manage staff, oversee the operations and deliver an exceptional and high-quality experience to customers. Knowledge of plant-based, vegetarian cooking and culture is required.
Opened in downtown Edmonton in the summer of 2018, Kanu Café is the first Canadian venture of Matthew Kenney, a California-based chef and educator specializing in plant-based cuisine. Edmonton’s newest plant-based restaurant is founded on proprietary techniques and creative thinking applied to prepare minimally processed, plant-based cuisine that is both refined and healthful.
The café’s contemporary interior will complement a global menu of whole, healthful, plant-based items served all day, as well as a more extensive menu in the evening. Offerings will include cold pressed juices and smoothies, a wide range of both raw and cooked plant-based dishes, an extensive dessert program, and a full wine menu.
To learn more, visit their website at: www.kanucafe.ca
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Guest Relations.
- Ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- Developing positive relationships with guests and the surrounding community through table touches and responding effectively to positive and negative guest feedback in person and online.
- Overseeing all activities of the restaurant team; establishing standards and providing support, guidance, and feedback as needed.
- Fostering a positive team culture and working closely with all team members to ensure the restaurant is at a high-level of performance with respect to food quality, customer service, and overall guest satisfaction.
- Regularly reporting progress, development, and issues to Executive Management and Ownership; attending Executive meetings as needed and conducting regularly occurring staff meetings.
- Maintaining regular communications with team members through periodical team meetings and weekly team newsletters.
- Human Resources.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and selecting candidates for all team member positions; maintaining protocols and procedures for all recruitment and hiring.
- Onboarding new team members and ensuring that employment records and documentation are properly maintained.
- Executing annual team member performance reviews.
- Leading the process of providing performance evaluations, promotions, or discipline for all team members.
- Developing the front-of-house schedule and ensuring staff resources are optimally utilized.
- Financial performance, profitability, and administration.
- Maintaining optimal financial performance of the restaurant; establishing targets for optimized inventory usage; executing monthly and weekly inventories.
- Ensuring that spending on inventory and labour are optimized to adequately support sales growth and minimize waste.
- Setting challenging sales targets and continually strategizing to achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-over-year growth.
- Maintaining positive vendor relations; ensuring that supplier invoices are accurate and paid in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring that physical premises of the restaurant are optimally functioning with regard to health codes, applicable laws, and safety regulations.
- Keeping the restaurant as green as possible, minimizing waste and maximizing energy efficiency.
- Overseeing all necessary repair and maintenance of restaurant equipment and premises.
- Establishing and maintaining a high-standard of restaurant cleanliness, organization, presentation, and curb appeal.
- Participating in new projects as they come up or as delegated by Executive Management or Ownership.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a senior manager (e.g. General Manager, Assistant General Manager, or Assistant Manager) in a casual dining restaurant environment and have a strong, practical understanding of what it takes to operate a successful restaurant business.
- You are committed to customer service and continually improving the guest experience.
- You are a natural leader and are gifted at developing a team and motivating people to perform at their best.
- You are an excellent verbal, written, and visual communicator.
- You are a growth-oriented self-starter and are always looking for a higher level of personal best.
- You have a strong understanding of restaurant point-of-sale systems, inventory control systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
- You have a practical familiarity with all relevant regulatory agencies, including local bylaw and law enforcement, local fire departments, and the Alberta Gaming Liquor & Cannabis Commission.
- Having a passion for supporting local suppliers, health and wellness, and an understanding of the benefits of plant-based nutrition are a huge asset!
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca