Richardson Executive Search
IT Manager Strathmore, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for an Information Technology (IT) Manager to join a vibrant and leading municipality. Reporting to the Director of Strategic and Administrative Services, the IT Manager will provide leadership and management for the Towns information technology infrastructure. This is a key role within the Town as you will be involved in setting the long-term strategy, creating policy and procedures and the IT framework for the organization. We need a passionate leader that is visionary and innovative and has the ability to introduce new technology and systems to advance the municipality.
Strathmore is a vibrant, welcoming community that is recognized as a regional hub for business and recreation. Continued investment in recreation facilities, parks projects, commercial revitalization, and community programming provides an exceptional quality of life for our residents and visitors. Strathmore is in southern Alberta on the traditional lands of the Siksika Nation, surrounded by Wheatland County and a short distance east of Calgary.
The Town of Strathmore strives to be a leader in municipal administration and operations. Our experienced and engaged workforce delivers a diverse range of services and programs that continue to help us set new milestones for quality of life. Our recently completed Strathmore Municipal Building will bring all Administrative functions under one roof, providing new opportunities for collaboration across the organization.
To learn more, visit their website at: https://strathmore.ca/
- Financial management and ownership of annual information technology (IT) operating and capital budgets.
- Approval and coding of quotes and invoices.
- Communicate status of IT risks and projects to Senior Leadership Team and Council.
- Pro-active management of Local Area Networks, servers, data, applications, and security.
- Perform troubleshooting of tier 1-3 technical issues.
- Design and implementation of business initiatives and projects.
- Coach, mentor and train junior IT staff.
- Develop IT policies and procedures.
- Research and recommend products and solutions to enhance systems or improve security.
- Provision and management of accounts within O365, Windows AD, Azure, databases, phones and security systems.
- Create and maintain IT documentation and reference materials.
- Communicate and recommend improvements to technology to continuously improve data integrity, business operational, and cyber/physical security.
- Coordinate and manage vendors and subject matter experts to resolve issues or enhance existing technology.
- Ensure teams adheres to Town of Strathmore policies.
- Other management and IT duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Engineering, Business or Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Information Technology
- 8+ years of leadership experience at a Management level.
- Experience in the preparation, management and execution of strategic plans.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people, including senior management, staff and the general public.
- Fully experienced in the use of MS Office, with advanced computer skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Drivers Abstract and Police Information Check.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Team management and leadership.
- Financial reporting and budgeting.
- Business and municipality operational experience.
- Ability to manage time and organize workload effectively across higher priority items.
- Motivated to provide an above and beyond customer experience to staff.
- Willingness to contribute to and collaborate across departments within a team-oriented environment.
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervisor.
- Excellent documentation and business process mapping skills with a sharp attention to detail.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fiscally responsible and cost consciences working in a public environment.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Troubleshooting a wide variety of computer software and hardware problems and implementing standard configurations.
- Extensive experience installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7 to 10 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive experience with Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Azure AD.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Experience with GP/Diamond, Questica, and PerfectMind.
- Advanced TCP/IP networking skills, support network & security devices.
- Virtual machine administration and management.
- Advanced troubleshooting and implementation of Microsoft Server 2008 to Server 2019.
- Mobile device management.
- Monitor and maintain data backups and business continuity systems.
- Cloud server provider management.
- Knowledge of cyber security.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca