Richardson Executive Search
North American Sales Manager United States of America
We have an exciting opportunity for a North American Sales Manager to join a global heavy equipment remanufacturing company for their Mining Solutions Division. This position can reside anywhere in the US and will have up to 80% travel. The ideal candidate we are looking for will have a strong background in mining, experience in change management, demonstrated track record managing teams in multiple locations and building high performing teams, as well as setting up KPI’s and metrics to drive accountability.
Reporting to the General Manager, the North American Sales Manager is an integral member of the H-E Parts leadership team. This critical position is accountable for leading our North American sales teams and executing profitable growth initiatives. The role is also functionally responsible and accountable for customer support, sales, and operations planning (S&OP), training, process and systems usage, customer segmentation, sales channel management and productivity. Success is defined by the company’s adjusted operating income contribution relative to plan.
H-E Parts is a leading independent supplier of parts, remanufactured components, and equipment to the global mining, quarrying, heavy construction, and energy sectors. The company provides solutions in support of mobile surface mining equipment, fixed crushing and minerals processing equipment, and mobile construction equipment fleets.
For more information, please visit their website at: www.h-eparts.com
- Safety – Conducts all activities in a safe manner, utilizes personal protective equipment (PPE), adheres to Company policy and our annual safety plan. Returning our employees home safely every day is our # 1 priority.
- Functional Oversight – Oversees and leads the following functions: (1) Outside/Field Sales, (2) Inside Sales, (3) Sales Support, (4) National/Key Account Management; and (5) Sales Process and Systems/Tools. Geographies of responsibility include the U.S., Canada, Mexico and segments of Central and South America.
- Travel frequently to coach and develop sales area leaders in face-to-face environment
- Define sales goals & KPI for sales area leaders
- Key Account Management – Responsible and accountable for the multiple interfaces with the customer, including at the mine level and at the corporate office (i.e., global, regional and local customer coverage). Sells H-E Parts value proposition and how we are different. Sells products, brands and our capacity as well as our global customer emphasis.
- Strategic Alignment – Aligns sales objectives with overarching company strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, “bottoms up” forecasting/budgeting, sales resource planning and execution. In addition, align sales department with operation function to foster a cohesive working relationship.
- KPI Realization – Meets or exceeds assigned targets for profitable growth, market share expansion and other key financial performance objectives.
- Process Driven– Identify and develop areas for process improvement
- Data Drive– Drive decision making derived from data
- Communication & Collaboration – Partners with Sales, Finance, HR, Operations and Engineering Associates as well as Executive Leadership to strengthen “forward looking” projections, customer planning, and corporate initiatives. Presents sales department health to leadership.
- Budgeting, Planning & Goal Setting – Develops and communicates the annual sales budget at a customer and product level. Must possess the ability to model, define and manage “bottoms ups” sales related KPI’s and lead sales staff.
- Process & Systems (e.g., Salesforce.com) – Works with customers and associates to maintain key customer contact information. Ensure Sales Associates regularly updates opportunity, visit, quote and win/loss data in CRM platform.
- Oversees quarterly business review (QBR) program with key accounts
- Supports Company metrics and initiatives to measure and drive performance
- Sales Compensation – Contributes to Defining and overseeing sales compensation and incentive programs that motivates the sales team to achieve their sales and margin budget. Ensures alignment between pay and performance.
- Sales Training – Defines and coordinates sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support Company sales objectives. Unifies, educates and trains the North American team.
- Other – Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-10 years sales and sales department management experience.
- 3-5 year of Industry experience.
- CRM and ERP systems experience.
- Experience managing remote workforce.
- Travel requirements upwards of 80% at any given time.
- Valid driver’s license mandatory.
- Valid passport required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own workload and work independently.
- Ability to manage, plan and complete tasks within set timeframes.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with users at all levels in an organization, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and respond to the needs of customers/clients by providing a high-quality customer focused service.
- Ability to understand and support a wide variety of business processes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
SANDY JACOBSON | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca