Richardson Executive Search
Nurse Practitioner Spirit River, Alberta
We have an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join the Saddle Hills County and be involved setting up and shaping a new practice. Reporting to the CAO, the Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing clinical practice services to a rural population of over 2,000 residents as defined by the Health Professions Act, the Registered Nurses Profession Regulation as well as standards and guidelines developed by the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta. This is a newly created position and a progressive municipality that prides themselves in providing excellent services to its residents and business community at large. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop the full scope and responsibilities of the position during and after the hiring process. This is an amazing opportunity for someone that is professional, highly motivated and a self-starter who will thrive with the opportunity to develop and shape the role of a Nurse Practitioner in Saddle Hills County. The Nurse Practitioner is required to be based in Spirit River or surrounding areas, so relocation will be provided.
Saddle Hills County is situated in the Central Peace Region of northwestern Alberta along the southern banks of the Peace River. The County has a diverse agricultural community and deposits of natural gas and oil. The oil and gas industry continues to play an important role in the region and helps to create a progressive and growing economic base. Saddle Hills County is also home to a diverse agricultural community which produces crops which include pulses, cereals, canola, legumes as well as bison, elk, goats and sheep. The most common livestock is cattle with an estimated of 26,429 head.
The County’s strategic location provides easy access to three major airports: Grande Prairie, Fort St. John and Dawson Creek. All three airports offer commercial passenger services to centers such as Prince George, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
For more information about Saddle Hills County, please visit www.saddlehills.ab.ca
- Perform advanced health assessments.
- Order, interpret and perform diagnostic tests.
- Conduct patient examinations and diagnose medical conditions and disease.
- Screen for presence of chronic illnesses.
- Develop plans of care.
- Monitor ongoing patient therapy of patients with chronic stable illnesses by providing pharmacological and counseling interventions.
- Offer phone consultation / triage for acute episodic illnesses.
- Prescribe and distribute medications, devices and or other therapies.
- Provide education to individuals and their families.
- Actively participate in health promotion activities.
- Perform home visits when required.
- Referral / Consultation / Collaboration
- Consult and work closely with the physicians and practitioners at the Central Peace Health Complex and Central Peace Health Center in Spirit River.
- Refer patients when appropriate to the Central Peace Health Complex and Central Peace Health Center.
- Consult with physicians in accordance with established standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) as well as current membership in the Nurse Practitioners of Alberta.
- Two to three years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Community health nursing in a primary care and/or rural setting.
- Superior Leadership, critical thinking, organizational and communications skills.
- Strong health assessment / clinical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and work well with other local health professionals and agencies.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Mac environment would be an asset.
- Electronic documentation of health records using a Clinical Management System would be an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
SANDY JACOBSON | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca