Richardson Executive Search
Payroll and Benefit Manager Edmonton, Alberta
Richardson Executive Search is looking for a Payroll and Benefit Manager for a Confidential Client of ours based in Edmonton, Alberta. This position will oversee a small team who are mostly remote and will manage the payroll and benefits for 2000 staff. This role is hybrid, and we are looking for a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) Leader with a demonstrated track record of building high performing teams.
Our client’s organization is a medium-sized employer with 2000+ employees in a unionized environment. The work they do is diverse and multifaceted, touching on various sectors within the Alberta economy.
- Subject matter expert for the Payroll and Benefits Team, HR Business Partners and the Senior Leadership Team in conversations and decisions related to payroll legislation and payroll processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to build confidence within the organization in the quality, reliability and timeliness of the services provided.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to coach, train and motivate a team.
- Strategic but not afraid to be hands on when required.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for process efficiencies and system enhancements
- In charge of the payroll and benefits policies and procedures for our company.
- Review the bi-weekly or monthly payroll process to ensure that all employees are paid on time and accurately.
- Oversee the administration of benefit programs and ensure the enrolment of all eligible employees.
- Work with the senior management to analyze the current benefit program and provide recommendations to improve it.
- Conduct regular training and workshops to educate employees about benefit plans and answer any questions they might have.
- Act as a liaison between employees and benefit carriers during the benefit claim process.
- Analyze any changes to provincial and federal laws regarding benefits and payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or any related field.
- Certified Payroll Management (CPM) Designation.
- 8+ years of experience as a Payroll Specialist or Manager.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with provincial and federal regulations regarding employment and labor laws.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca