Richardson Executive Search
Power Distribution Engineer Edmonton, Alberta
The focus of this position is to perform a lead design role for electrical power distribution systems for manufactured equipment including Modular Data Centers and air handling equipment. Functions include power distribution design of mission critical data center equipment, electrical based manufacturing design and liaising with clients, vendors, internal customers and project teams to ensure projects and products are successfully completed through the entire life cycle. This is a senior level engineering position that reports directly to the VP of engineering.
Provides electrical design and technical support in order to practical business and technical situations by:
- Confer with engineers, project managers, customers, and other stakeholders to discuss existing or potential electrical projects and products.
- Provide hands on project support through planning, design, estimating, procurement, manufacturing and job site specific activities.
- Design of electrical power distribution systems, control systems, and electrical for manufactured HVAC equipment and modular data center equipment.
- Create detailed electrical design drawings and wiring schematics related to HVAC equipment and modular data center equipment including design of electrical distribution systems for mission critical applications.
- Work with vendors to design and select power distribution equipment associated with mission critical power distribution systems including but not limited to switchgear, distribution boards, transformers, UPS and batteries and EPMS systems.
- Perform detailed calculations to facilitate the design and coordination of electrical power distributions systems for mission critical equipment.
- Establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications related to electrical power distribution design for modular data center and HVAC equipment.
- Operate computer-assisted design software and equipment to perform tasks.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Provide senior leadership for and supervise subordinate engineers, technologists, drafters and administration personnel.
- Be involved and contribute to internal QA/QC program, perform factory inspections and provide technical direction for improvements and solutions to problems.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to projects.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Investigate and test products.
- Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Four or more years of related experience is preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing
- Electrical Engineering degree is required
- Experience with data center power distribution systems is an asset.
- Strategic electrical routing and designing using CAD software
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca