Richardson Executive Search
President Edmonton/Calgary, AB
Richardson Executive Search has partnered with EPiC Solutions to hire a strongly motivated President to lead their company, provide exemplary leadership to their workforce and expand their business opportunities. This position can be located in either Calgary or Edmonton but would need to be in Calgary 50% of the time. The President will report to the Board of Directors and is ultimately responsible for managing the company, to provide adequate shareholder return on used capital, develop the reputation of the company, the proper functioning of its operations and its sustained growth. They must determine the short-term, mid-term and long-term options for the company and present action plans or policies to meet the objectives chosen.
EPiC Solutions (EPiC) is a corporation currently centred in Western Canada which combines the multi-faceted resources of CCI Inc. (CCI) to design, procure and manage the planning of the upfront work to optimize solutions for pipeline projects and the expert resources of Midwest Pipeline Inc. (Midwest) to construct both large diameter pipeline projects and simple and complex Oil and Gas related facilities in an EPC environment. EPiC is dedicated to optimizing efficiencies and plan for overall project success within a single corporation which is largely construction oriented. EPiC was formed over 3 years ago, by the forward-looking vision of both shareholders who identified the need for a company that can provide both engineering and procurement services as well as the overall construction services in one nimble organization. Therefore, the focus of EPiC is to provide all of our clients required services by the implementation of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Methodology (EPC) via a multitude of contracting strategies. A key benefit is being able to draw on our combined engineering and construction experience in an effective and efficient manner and add the resources of our proven subcontractor capability, to complete any project effectively, safely and on time and budget.
To learn more about their company, visit their website at: https://epicsolutionsinc.ca/
The primary responsibilities of the President are as follows:
- Develop the mission, the vision and the values of the company and communicate throughout the organization. Demonstrate that communication channels work at all levels and in both directions to enhance productivity, personnel development, and a reputation for excellence.
- Motivate and inspire development of strategic planning, presentation of this to Board, and implementing the approved objectives.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining sound business practices, relations with internal and external clients of the company, the financial sector, the communities in which work is contemplated, and government agencies that regulate that work.
- Perform responsibilities within the social, economic, environmental, competitive, and moral environments in which the company operates.
- Provide efficient and timely communication with the Board, such that they are informed of all significant information which may have a material effect on the company, its resources, its capital, and its reputation.
- Consider, where appropriate, interests expressed by Board to supply specific resources or capabilities and develop how to best utilize those resources or capabilities if it provides an advantage to the company.
- Recruit, develop, and maintain competent and productive human resources through training and constructive communication.
- Establish criteria to evaluate the achievement of objectives and performance of staff members.
- Establish a suitable delegation of authority as relates to policies, contracts, expenses, and project operations, to provide a control on resources.
Operational responsibilities include:
- Manage the operations of the company such as operational efficiency, continuous improvement, service offerings, etc., in terms of marketing and development of new services.
- Present to the Board, the bi-annual business plan and budgets for the company.
- Analyze and report quarterly the operational results of the company and its projects and report on concerns.
- Develop and maintain a solid financial structure adequate for the companys operations and goals and within the parameters approved by the Board.
- Take actions to develop and protect the assets of the company.
- Review and obtain Board approval for specific initiatives of the business which require material capital expenditures while respecting the annual capital budget.
- Represent the company in its relations with customers, suppliers, competitors, the financial community, governmental agencies, professional associations, etc. to enhance and maintain the integrity of the Board members and the reputation of the company.
- Communicate and manage the legal affairs of the company where there is risk of liability to the company or the Board members.
- Demonstrated track record as a leader;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Natural at business development;
- Strong client relationships;
- Understand engineering and construction;
- Excellent financial management; and
- Operational management.
- Bachelors Degree in business, construction and/or engineering; P.Eng. would be an asset.
- Industry experience in engineering, construction, oil and gas or an EPC environment.
- 5+ years at a President/COO or Divisional Manager level.
- Experience managing projects in excess of $50 million of construction value.
- Seasoned leader with strong business development, motivational and analytical skills to maximize the companys profitability.
- An innovative leader in marketing and operations, corporate growth strategies to positioning the company to excel in its marketplace.
- Demonstrate ability to create a company cultural consistent with the vision of the shareholders.
- Ability to comfortably communicate, both verbally and in written correspondence, to senior executives, project team members, consultants, partners.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca