Richardson Executive Search
Quantitative Analyst, Risk Reporting Canada
Richardson has partnered with AIMCo in their search for a Quantitative Analyst for their Risk Reporting Team. This is a dynamic role and requires someone that is highly motivated, excellent with report modeling, analyzing, and understanding data and trends, advanced working knowledge in programming, and thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
As part of the Risk Management Group working within the Quantitative Analytics and Risk Reporting Team, you will focus on enabling investment risk capabilities (including multiple risk models, decomposition, measurement, and analysis). Leveraging your financial and risk knowledge, coupled with strong technical and quantitative capability, you will influence and enable a consistent view for all risk managers in estimating the overall market, credit and liquidity risk, and exposure across all asset classes to enable a best-in-class investment risk management capability.
You will work to deliver a holistic and consistent view of the assets enabling AIMCo to integrate risk management with portfolio management through quantitative approaches within a maturing controlled environment. You will be a part of shaping the full end-to-end ability to enable our risk managers and investment teams by creating practical solutions for investment professionals. This includes requirements, methodology definition, implementation, design, testing, and delivery. You will have the chance to collaborate with risk managers, portfolio managers, and other stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
AIMCo is one of Canadas largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $130 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Albertas public-sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing, and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.
To learn more about this excellent organization, visit their website at: www.aimco.ca
- Taking a lead role within a team environment to generate advanced analytics that provides risk insights to assist with risk management and business decision-making.
- Monitoring, interpreting, and evaluating risk metrics to provide analysis across all asset classes and develop risk reports for each asset class, total fund, clients, and senior management using world-class technology including FactSet.
- Validating risk measures and analytics and investigating and resolving exceptions.
- Collaborating with investment teams, client/product risk managers, and other stakeholders to provide analytical support as required.
- Connecting with business technology and external vendors to bring continuous improvement and innovation to risk systems and processes.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g., Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business/Finance, Economics, Computer Science); graduate degree is an asset. Professional designations (e.g., CFA, FRM, PRM) is considered an asset.
- 2+ years of experience working in the financial industry in capacities of risk management, investment management, advanced analytics, or quantitative modeling.
- Strong understanding of financial products including derivatives, and the measurement of their risks (market, credit, liquidity).
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and quantitative background.
- Able to think through complex ideas and problems, while assessing multiple factors to recommend practical solutions.
- Advanced working knowledge in programming (e.g., MATLAB/R/Python) and proficiency with applications including Excel (VBA, SQL) and other analytical tools.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/AI and other advanced statistical techniques is considered an asset. Demonstrating a strong commitment to AMICos core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity, and collaboration, and inspiring in others.
You will play a key role in defining, developing, evaluating, and producing, the methodologies, measures, monitoring, and reporting of investment risk under a consistent approach for all investments under the total fund for all AMICo Clients. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other departments and build meaningful relationships alongside enhancing your interpersonal and technical skillsets.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Exciting special project work and stretch assignments. Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs. Healthcare spending account and onsite fitness facilities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Jesse Jacobson | T: 587.453.4242 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca