Richardson Executive Search
Relationship Manager- Team Lead Fort McMurray, AB
Our client, Alberta’s largest credit union, is a member-owned, community-based financial institution with roots dating back to 1938. They are seeking a Relationship Manager-Team Lead to join them in Fort McMurray.
This position is primarily accountable for the development/administration of a commercial loan and deposit portfolio including accountability for the competent management of that portfolio. Emphasis will be placed on coaching, leading, loan administration, sales, service, member advice and growth.
Working closely with the Regional Manager Business Banking, the individual will implement a proactive approach to sales and business development by cultivating a strong working relationship with the retail branch network, local business owners, members of the professional community and potential syndication partners.
This position is also accountable, within established limits, for the analysis and approval/recommendation of Commercial Credit Applications and team portfolio generated by Teams/ Relationship Managers within the Region or Center and may be indirectly accountable for management of specific larger/senior credits within the unit.
Business Banking Development
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager Business Banking, help to train, motivate and guide staff to ensure high quality service is provided to members and employees and that the needs of the organization and the individuals are met.
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts to maximize Small Business and Commercial Loan growth, deposit growth and sales of peripheral products to help our members succeed in business.
- Provide proactive advice to our Business Members that offers tailored solutions to meet their financial needs.
- Maintain a high profile and professional image in the business and social communities, personally and through subordinates.
- Ensure that personnel receive the appropriate training to develop the required levels of commercial lending.
- Develop and submit renewal applications, prepare consolidated information for reporting purposes to the Regional Manager, Business Banking as required.
- Ensure negotiable and non-negotiable collateral security is obtained and maintained in accordance with the terms of authorized credits.
- Provide input to the Regional Manager Business Banking on the recommendation of loan policies and procedures when required.
- Assist the Relationship Managers and other Team Leaders in providing advice to more junior staff members.
Centralized Credit Service
- In conjunction with Regional Manager Business Banking, assist in managing the Pods lending and deposit activities including recommendation of rates, authorizing loans within prescribed lending authorities and recommending to credit committee loan requests above those limits.
- Direct junior staff members in the structure, negotiations and submission of Credit applications, evaluating requests on the basis of policy, risk and profitability, ensuring reviews on commercial and agricultural credits are performed as required by established lending guidelines.
- Ensure vigorous pursuit to collect problem commercial and agricultural loans.
- Ensure security procedures are maintained.
Human Resources Management
- Complete performance plans with Business Banking employees.
- Foster a positive/supportive Team relationship with Retail Branches in the area.
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of Business Banking products over a seven to ten-year period.
- Essential knowledge and skills include demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio.
- Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, influential community people and staff is required.
- Experience effectively leading a team (Management experience)
Education and Training:
- University degree in a business discipline or sufficient experience in lieu of education.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca