Richardson Executive Search
Sales, Marketing and Leasing Manager Edmonton, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sales, Marketing and Leasing Manager to join a private not-for-profit seniors retirement home in Edmonton. Reporting into the Executive Director, the Sales, Marketing and Leasing Manager will promote, network and advocate for the Canterbury Foundation to actively lease suite vacancies and waitlists for all living options. Their primary responsibility is to promote the accommodations and supportive services of Canterbury Foundation while strengthening relationships with referral sources and potential residents and their families who are looking for a place to call home. This is an exciting time for the Canterbury Foundation as they have embarked on a Capital Campaign and are expanding and modernizing their residential suites, their dementia care program, and incorporating the only end- of-life-care residential hospice in Edmonton.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Relates well with people
- Cultivates relationships
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Has experience working with CRM tools
- Can negotiate agreements; and
- Has a network with social works, doctor offices, hospital administration, etc.
As a leading senior’s residence and provider of senior’s continuing care services and programs, Canterbury Foundation (the “Foundation”) shares with seniors the “Promise of Home”. Person-centred care is the Foundation for all they do in providing safe, quality care and other human services. The Canterbury Foundation provides a home where seniors experience peace of mind and feel like family. All persons are treated with dignity and respect in every interaction.
Working for Canterbury Foundation requires that employees exhibit the highest standards of personal behaviour and ethics in every interaction that instill confidence and trust and not bring the Foundation into disrepute. The honesty and integrity of the Canterbury Foundation demand the impartiality of employees in the conduct of their duties.
To learn more, visit their website at: https://www.canterburyfoundation.com/
This role is responsible for Management of the activities of the Sales, Marketing and Accommodation functions. It ensures the effective and collaborative execution of all resident movement into, within and out of Canterbury while maintaining positive working relationships with all stakeholders both internally and external to the Foundation.
Health, Safety and Wellness:
- Committed to knowing, understanding, and reviewing workplace hazards as identified by the Workplace Hazard Assessment, Joint Workplace Health and Safety Committee and as outlined in Canterbury Foundations Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in making the workplace a safe environment for staff and residents by reporting unsafe conditions, knowing the rights as an employee to refuse unsafe work, and by participating in training, events and committees.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment, footwear and apparel for the role and responsibilities for the workday (being mindful of hazards approaching and leaving the workplace).
Marketing and Sales:
- Adapts and coordinates the development and execution of the Canterbury Foundation’s strategic marketing plans including identifying, organizing, and executing special events related to the Marketing and Sales of suites.
- Monitors the seniors housing and continuing care environment to actively evaluate potential markets and networks available for obtaining new clientele.
- Actively engages in networking and promoting Canterbury Foundation to physicians, doctor offices, caregivers, and other mediums to support receiving new clientele.
- Maintains an active list of referrals, sources and waitlists for Canterbury Foundation’s services.
- Works with the Public Relations team to generate social media interest by-way-of posts, blogs, vlogs and engagements.
- Monitors, updates, and works with Management to advise and implement licensing policies and procedures.
- Works with Facilities to ensure Canterbury facilities comply, and in support of the Supportive Living Accommodation Standards and legislation.
- Provides direct input into audits and processes through documentation and evidence.
- Works closely with Accounting and Facilities to coordinate and understand the inventory of property and suite access.
- Conducts accommodation inspections before move-in and upon move-out and maintains proper documentation.
- Completes and updates contract documentation on an on-going basis.
- Maintains a database of current and potential referral sources.
- Prepares monthly reports and reports and monitors for Quality Assurance.
- Upon admission, works with Accounting to ensure initial payments and relevant documents are coordinated and received by accounting.
- Ensures payment and billing information is set-up upon admission are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures initial billing and payment is arranged in a timely manner including communicating with Accounting on the collection and posting of accommodation and other fees.
- Promotes a safe environment for residents, team and self. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions within the work environment. Takes required action to decrease the risk of injury immediately.
- Investigates Residents/family/staff complaints and provides a written report with actions to resolve the issue to the Manager, Resident Experience.
- Maintains up-to-date process documentation.
- Demonstrates commitment to learning new skills, maintains specialty qualifications, methods and ideas, and to broaden experience through work on projects and committees and to attend mandatory training.
- Provides feedback to front line staff who interact with all customers to ensure service standards are met and upheld.
- Provides active feedback to employees, providing reports to Management on observed activities and establishing customer service standards.
- The incumbent will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration or a related field.
- Several years of experience working in Seniors Housing/Continuing Care sector preferably in the marketing and sales leadership role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the marketing and sales and manager roles in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective supervisory experience and uses the coaching model to motivate direct reports.
- Organized, principled and collaborative.
- The success of the incumbent will rely on their knowledge, ability and skill to engage and network within the Seniors Care sector and their ability to build and strengthen relationships within the network of referrals, agencies and sources to meet our vacancy goals.
- Proven experience developing and building strong relationships.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca