Richardson Executive Search
Senior Analyst, Market Risk Edmonton, Alberta
Richardson has partnered with AIMCo in their search for a Senior Analyst for their Risk Modeling Team. This is a dynamic role and requires someone that is highly motivated, excellent with report modeling, analyzing, and understanding data and trends, advanced working knowledge in programming, and thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
As a part of the Market Risk Modelling team, you will play a key role in delivering additional risk models, measures, and stress tests as part of Multi Asset Class risk project. Your work will contribute to validating simulation processes for various risk factors spanning multiple product types. You will also be responsible for verifying that the factor simulations are representative of the risk profile at each security, pool, and asset class levels for aggregation measures of P&Ls, such as VAR and Active VAR. Additionally, you will take a lead role in documenting the results and the methodology. Once you develop expert knowledge of existing methodological choices, you will be involved in research and implementation of model enhancements.
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $130 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta’s public-sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity, and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing, and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.
To learn more about this excellent organization, visit their website at: www.aimco.ca
- Assisting the team in modeling and researching of various risk drivers based on industry best practices.
- Conducting robust validations of a wide variety of models against established standards, developing benchmarks and replication models where applicable.
- Working with risk system vendor (FactSet) to develop or enhance capabilities within the risk solution.
- Validating various risk measures at multiple levels across all AIMCo portfolios.
- Development and documentation of risk model methodologies for committee approval and maintenance of the risk methodologies within the Risk Methodology Manual.
- Supporting the engagement of internal and external stake holders by preparing reference material and research analysis.
- Year One Success will be achieved through gaining a full understanding of AIMCo’s risk modelling methodology. From there, the successful incumbent will contribute to enhancements, increase their accountability, and take ownership of critical market risk modelling processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Finance, Economics, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science) with preference given to those holding or working towards a post-graduate degree.
- Experience in financial services with relevant exposure to risk measurement experience in market, credit, and liquidity risk.
- Working towards a relevant professional designation (e.g., CFA, FRM, PRM) would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of quantitative risk analysis, time series modeling and simulation.
- Experience with MSCI Barra, FactSet and Bloomberg would be an asset.
- Ability to program in various languages such as Excel VBA, Python, MATLAB, R and SQL.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity, and collaboration, and inspires the same in others.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca