Richardson Executive Search
Senior Civil Estimator Edmonton, Alberta
We have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Civil Estimator to join a leading builder in Canada that has been providing construction services since 1920 and has offices across Canada. This role is based in Edmonton and will be part of a diverse estimating team that offers a strategic and considerate approach to developing proposed solutions and pricing for large civil infrastructure projects. Experience bidding on large projects, i.e., $50-100M, would be an asset. If you pride yourself with having career stability and are looking to embed yourself into an organization long term, then this opportunity is for you.
Our client has played an active role in the delivery of civil infrastructure across Canada’s energy, mining, transportation, and utilities markets for both public and private sector clients for many years. This team has a well-developed offering of underground, earthworks, and concrete services, as well as capabilities in contract mining, drilling and blasting, and hydroelectric construction.
- Prepare price estimates and budgets, identifying inherent constraints, risk and opportunities.
- Conduct thorough reviews of the tender documents and analyze subcontractor requirements.
- Work with clients or consultants regarding items that require clarification or elaboration while maintaining competitive approach to developing proposed services and solutions.
- Solicit, analyze, and compile pricing from subcontractors.
- Develop preliminary project construction schedules and plans as a basis for pricing with input from subcontractors and Bird personnel.
- Conduct specification checks and participate in detailed estimate reviews.
- Collaborate with supervisory and production operations staff to develop and document approach to priced proposal, including construction and project execution plans.
- Lead pricing activities and submissions for assigned tenders or budgets.
- Respond to post tender clarifications and participate in negotiations between submission and contract award.
- Transfer knowledge acquired during the tender process to the project team during project kick-off meeting.
- Support business development and other securement efforts on an ongoing basis.
- A Engineering background or relevant technical education (EIT, P.Eng or CET). Civil specialization considered an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in an estimating role within the civil discipline.
- Previous onsite construction experience in a civil scope is considered an asset.
- Proven track record of estimating skills, and experience applying estimating techniques throughout the pursuit process to define costs and determine competitive pricing.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and analyze contract documents to make recommendations for best approach to forming a mutually agreeable contract with a diverse set of clients.
- Able to work out of the Edmonton area.
- Able to execute 3D takeoffs utilizing CAD software. Autodesk Civil 3D or Carlson Takeoff construction estimating software experience is considered an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca