Richardson Executive Search
Senior Director, Information Technology Edmonton, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Director, Information Technology (IT) to join a leading Alberta municipal association. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role will act as the central point of contact for departments for all Information Management (IM), IT services and Digital Strategy (DS). This successful candidate will work with AUMA departments to deliver on business requirements, identify synergies, and be responsible for aligning the execution of IM, IT and DS to business requirements.
The role will work with the rest of the IT department to identify and plan resources to deliver the necessary solutions and services. This individual will ultimately be responsible for execution of the new IM and IT Strategy, optimization of IT Services, creation and implementation of the DS and subsequent preparation of the department to ideally become a provider of externalized IT Services to the AUMAs Membership.
The Alberta Urban Municipalities Association represents urban municipalities including cities, towns, villages, summer villages and specialized municipalities and more than 85% of Albertans. It is a dynamic and evolving association, advocating the interests of members to the provincial and federal orders of government and other stakeholders.
The Alberta Municipal Services Corporation is a solutions-based company, successfully delivering innovative services to municipalities, municipally related organizations, and their employees for more than 50 years.
To learn more, visit their website at: http://www.auma.ca
- Identify AUMA/AMSCs business needs and help the organization in understanding technology solutions and options that will help them meet business strategies. Analyze the costs, value and risk of information technology to advise the leadership and suggest actions.
- Oversee technology infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance. Approve purchases and plan implementation of new systems and provide guidance to the IT team related to any necessary updates/ upgrades to these systems.
- Lead the IT of the organization by setting objectives and executing the new IT, IM and Digital Strategy. Request, negotiate and manage third-party IT services and related service level agreements where it makes the most sense for the business.
- Interpret business partner satisfaction data and report on delivery quality to the senior leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Ensure that IT is positioned as a business partner within AUMA/AMSC, monitoring performance of services and overall business satisfaction level. Design and customize technology systems and platforms to improve employee and member experience.
- Prioritize IT projects and integrate into the planning cycle. Report on the progress work with the business leadership to estimate and manage the cost of business IT projects.
- Work with the business leadership to ensure business continuity plan is complemented with IT service continuity and disaster recovery plans in compliance with technology policies and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to discover ways the organization can maintain a competitive advantage.
- Work with the business leaders to communicate and assess technology changes and looks for ways to manage the demand.
- Prepare the IT team to start delivering external IT services and help build demand in the market by establishing high quality, optimized, effective, and efficient IT services.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Business Technology,
- Computing Sciences or another relevant discipline. Masters degree would be an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of project management, business processes and budgeting.
- Relevant qualifications in IT will be beneficial specifically in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Project Management Professional (PMP), and/or The Open Group Architectural Framework (TOGAF)
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in IT experience, with at least 5 years in a strategic IT leadership role overseeing IT service delivery, development, information security and/or quality assurance.
- Experience implementing and managing Microsoft hosted solutions including Dynamics CRM, SharePoint and Office 365.
- Background in designing/ developing IT systems and planning IT implementation.
- Proven leadership and understanding in a complex shared service structure with a history of negotiating and managing a third-party service provider for desktop support.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Enterprise leadership skills including strategic thinking, budgeting, business acumen, coaching for performance, relationship building and complex decision making
- Strong public speaking, verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Open and honest dynamic communicator with the ability to establish effective relationships with staff, elected officials, municipal government staff, and relevant provincial government officials.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology systems and infrastructure, information management and related processes and procedures governing the delivery of effective IT Services. Should also be familiar with innovation and leading practices in IT.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Very organized and goal oriented with strong implementation skills.
- Committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement in the workplace.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca