Richardson Executive Search
Senior Estimator – Buildings Edmonton, AB
We are looking for a Senior Estimator with a background in buildings projects (commercial, institutional, retail, etc.) to join an excellent construction company based in Edmonton. They are looking for someone with great career stability that’s looking to embed themselves into their organization long term. The successful candidate will train in Edmonton for at least one year and potentially have the opportunity of relocation to Ontario in the future.
Our client is one of Canada’s leading general contractors and have been around for 100 years, with offices from coast to coast. They have a broad scope of work and have clients in various sectors such as commercial, retail, industrial, water and waste water, mining, energy and civil. They have a deep commitment to safety and ensure that their workplace culture reflects that commitment.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing the procurement process for all assigned projects from the concept to tender, including participation in the contract letting and planning stage. As previously stated, this role will focus more on the buildings projects (commercial, institutional, retail, etc.) that the company has.
As an experienced member of the estimating team, your primary focus is to provide accurate estimating and subcontractor costing from the budgeting and estimating stage through to the contract letting and planning stage. Working closely with the Chief Estimator, you will have a collaborative approach to delivering results through strong relationships with a broad network of professional colleagues, subcontractors and team members. This position requires a highly experienced, dynamic leader with sound knowledge of fundamental estimating, excellent vendor and client relationship ability and business development.
- Participate in project development activities including scope definition and clarification, preconstruction planning, control estimate development and delivery.
- Provide preconstruction services including the preparation of preliminary budgets, cost plans, and value engineering opportunities.
- Detailed and comprehensive quantity takeoff and accurate cost evaluation.
- Subcontractor and supplier bid solicitation, scope definition and clarification, risk evaluation and bid submission.
- Point of contact and advisor for assigned project(s) from initial contact with client to handover/transfer of project to the project team upon contract award.
- Actively participate in business development efforts to identify and track client and project pursuits.
- Develop strategies to create a competitive edge.
- Formal education related to Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other equivalent construction program
- At least 8+ years progressive experience in General Contracting, with at least 5 years in a lead estimating role on large ICI projects, preferably P3 and Design-Build Ability to identify inherent risk and analyze alternative means and methods to determine most economic alternative(s)
- Ability to logically sequence construction work and build a realistic schedule
- Extensive knowledge and experience with estimating techniques and negotiating contracts.
- Planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently produce work of high-quality and accuracy
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service/client relation skills
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and have a flexible work ethic
- Proficiency with computer programs such as bid management and estimating software, as well as MS Office
- A good team leader who can coach and mentor estimating staff and be a positive role model
- This role is currently located in Edmonton, AB for at least one year of training but may have the opportunity to relocate to Ontario, Canada in the future
- Some travel is also required
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca