Richardson Executive Search
Senior Network Architect Whitehorse, YT
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Network Architect to join a leading telecom company in Canadas North. The company is located in beautiful Whitehorse, YT, which is the perfect community for outdoor enthusiasts and Canadian nature lovers looking for their next challenge.
The Senior Network Architect (IP MPLS), reporting to the Associate Director of IP Engineering, is accountable for creating a highly available and stable IP MPLS network environment. Through application of best-practice based methods and architecture, this position creates physical and logical IP MPLS topologies, designs and leads implementation of protocol and services architectures, carrier network to network interconnections, internet routing architecture, internet peering and transit connections, and core network security.
**The successful candidate must relocate to Whitehorse, YT, if they do not currently reside in the area.
For more than 60 years, Northwestel has served the largest operating area in the Western hemisphere and played a large hand in transforming communications in Northern Canada. As a communications & entertainment leader, Northwestel delivers a broad range of telecommunications solutions & television services to a population of 120,000 northern Canadians in 96 communities scattered throughout the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, northern British Columbia and Alberta. The majority of their nearly 600 employees live and work in communities all across the North.
To learn more, visit their website at: https://nwtel.ca/
To learn more about Whitehorse, YT, visit their website at: https://www.whitehorse.ca/
- Liaises with Senior Management and Executive on matters related to IP MPLS network architecture and corresponding business development opportunities
- Supports and consults business decision support and regulatory teams on matters related to regulatory proceedings and profitability analyses in regards to IP MPLS network
- Consults and contributes to RFP teams to win strategic business clients
- Liaises with key HVC technical representatives and consultants in matters related to services hosted on the IP MPLS network or IP MPLS based services visualization/conception
- Leads development and evolution of physical and logical core IP MPLS network architectures
- Leads design of fundamental network behavior through best practice-based application of MPLS, BGP, internet routing, policy, security, VPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, Multicast and traffic engineering methods
- Conducts architecture verification testing to qualify and approve core network changes and extensions
- Leads or conducts service verification testing to qualify internal and customer facing service architectures and designs
- Leads or conducts device verification testing to qualify new devices for integration to the network or customer environments
- Maintains and preserves strategic IP MPLS network vendor and industry relationships
- Verifies and qualifies new, or incremental versions or patches to IOS or JUNOS on core network elements
- Designs network and services testing scenarios to expose vulnerabilities such as unforeseen scalability limits, unexpected behaviors under congestion, or other risks
- Designs and tests IP MPLS network failover and restoration architecture considering specific failure or network event scenarios
- Develops and documents network and service provisioning templates to assist in getting approved, tested, and standardized designs operational
- Participates in complex problem resolution for the core IP MPLS network (level 3 technical support)
- Leads development of short to medium term tactical plans to expand, upgrade or replace key network elements considering IP MPLS capacity management triggers, demand forecasts, obsolescence, or other network change drivers
- Collaborates with other groups such as transport, ISP, video and wireless services teams to achieve seamless end-to-end service integration
- Collaborates with Enterprise Marketing and service development teams to design and enhance IP MPLS network services including QoS behaviors, match network mechanisms to achieve desired service behaviors, match network policies to customer SLAs, and design optimal service measurement and reporting architectures
- Collaborates with the transport and ISP service teams to develop short to medium term tactical plans to expand inter-city IP MPLS links based on capacity management triggers and thresholds
This position works in a typical office environment. The incumbent is occasionally required to travel for meetings/conferences pertaining to Intra-company Facility / Implementation Procedures two to three times per year for up to one week at a time.
- Engineering degree or equivalent with five years experience in a telecommunications or internet service provider environment.
- Deep and specialized knowledge of IP networks, protocols, and their application in a service provider environment.
- Knowledge of the interaction of systems and networks and understanding the impact changes to one system or network may have to all others.
- Strong knowledge of the various networks and systems used throughout the company and keep on top of changes as technology and the telecommunication systems evolve.
- Excellent analytical, system performance gathering skills to determine root cause quantification.
- Project management skills for effective cutover and release management of the various systems and possess effective customer relationship skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca