Richardson Executive Search
Senior Tax Manager Edmonton, Alberta
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join the inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial Tax Team, ideally based in Edmonton, but they are flexible on location and offer a hybrid model. This role is focused more on Canadian Corporate Tax, Domestic or Indirect Tax vs International. If you are looking to grow your career, they are an exceptional company.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax, and business advisory firm in Canada, which provides business strategies and solutions to its clients. Entrepreneurial to their core, and talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
For more information visit their website at: https://www.mnp.ca/.
- Lead multiple clients facing engagement teams responsible for the completion of tax engagements and the preparation of tax returns (and other compliance slips).
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to taxation and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables.
- Evaluate existing business processes and policies and advise on policy and tax changes; developing proactive tax strategies that make effective use of business opportunities and ensure businesses are run effectively.
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues.
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations.
- Assist in the management of the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons.
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop.
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition).
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries, and reports.
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs.
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary.
- 7 to 8 years of relevant public accounting or tax consulting experience.
- CPA designation.
- Completion of the In-depth Tax Program and other specialist development courses.
- Extensive working knowledge of Canadian Tax.
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles.
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills; ability to solve problems, make decisions, negotiate, and deal effectively with people.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to maintain ongoing communication to anticipate and prevent potential problems, develop, and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Proven leadership and supervisory capabilities; ability to motivate staff towards constant improvement and encourage staff to make recommendations, mentoring, performance management and development.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to action requests and competing deadlines in a timely matter.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and applicable accounting software.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
JESSE JACOBSON | T: 587.453.4242 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca