Richardson Executive Search
Sr Relationship Manager Grande Prairie, AB
Senior Relationship Manager
This position is primarily responsible for the development/administration of a large and complex commercial loan and deposit portfolio including responsibility for the competent management of that portfolio. Emphasis will be placed on loan administration, sales, service, member advice and growth.
Working closely with the Regional Manager, Business Banking and/or the Senior Relationship Manager Team Lead, the individual will implement a proactive approach to sales and business development by cultivating a strong working relationship with potential and existing members, the retail branch network, local business owners, and members of the professional community.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts to maximize Small Business and Commercial Loan growth, Deposit growth and sales of peripheral products to help our members succeed in business.
- Provide proactive advice to our Business Members that offers tailored solutions to meet their financial needs.
- Personally maintain a high profile and professional image in the business and social communities.
- The development and submission of renewal applications, the preparation of consolidated information for reporting purposes to the Regional Manager, Business Banking and/or Team Lead as required. Ensure negotiable and non-negotiable collateral security is obtained and maintained in accordance with the terms of authorized credits.
- Provide input to the Regional Manager, Business Banking on the development of loan policies and procedures when required.
- Assist the Senior Relationship Managers and Team Leaders in providing advice to more junior staff members.
- Foster a positive/supportive Team relationship with Retail Branches in the area.
- Assist in managing the regions lending and deposit activities through Team Leads including recommending rates within discretionary limits, approving loans within prescribed lending authorities and recommending to credit committee loan requests above those limits.
- Help to direct/coach staff in the structure, negotiations and submission of Credit applications, evaluating requests on the basis of policy, risk and profitability, ensuring reviews on commercial and agricultural credits are performed as required by established lending guidelines. Ensure vigorous pursuit to collect problem commercial and agricultural loans.
- Ensure security procedures are maintained.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Ability to recognize cross-selling opportunities; respond to questions; make sales or refer sales as appropriate
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, members and community
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Strong written communication skills
- Compose non-complex letters and memos from verbal instruction
- Effective listening skills
- Effective telephone skills
- Deals with conflict positively and supports others to resolve differences
- Ability to sustain openness and trust, provides emotional support and effectively handles expressions of strong feelings
- Builds member and employee commitment to sales culture
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, motivate people
- A positive TEAM approach toward performance results and change.
- Recognition of and respect for peoples diversity and individual differences
- Coach, mentor, motivate fellow team members
- Take responsibility for actions
- Personal initiative act to get job done effectively and efficiently and support others to get job done
- Participate with others outside the team to enable them to act (i.e.: provide information that enables others to act)
- Facilitate interaction among people
- Instill commitment to values and vision
- Provide an environment that supports skill development
- Take responsibility for personal actions and the actions of others
- Continuous learning and development; cross training to foster skill development
- Flexible and adaptable in implementing the credit unions goals
- Stress management
- Effective time management
- Understanding and commitment to making changes
- Participate in continuous learning and development
- Identify problems, discover plans or patterns, link information to strategic direction, reach conclusions, evaluate action in relation to organizational development/department operations
- Ability to recognize when a problem requires referral to Regional Manager, Business Banking, or a Team Lead
- Identifying opportunities based on an in-depth analysis of complex issue
- Ability to make sound decisions within levels of authority designated based on policies, procedures and experience
Working in Teams
- Work collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Participate in team development and in identification of team roles, responsibilities and goals
- Recognize and celebrate team successes
- Complies with requests to support team efforts
- Lead project teams and ensure collaborative relationships
- Help to provide focus and direction
- Recommend strategies to improve team and individual performance
- Finding and communicating new ideas for old problems
- Presenting new ideas that have productive outcomes (results in the generation of practical applications or development of new procedures)
- Pushing the limits of knowledge and ability to identify and create new ideas/solutions
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of Business Banking products over a five to ten-year period.
- Essential knowledge and skills include demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio.
- Experience working with and developing relationships with, members, potential members, influential community people and staff is required.
- University Degree in a business discipline, Bachelor of Commerce
- Minimum of seven years of progressive lending, Commercial Banking
- Strong background in Business Banking, including marketing, business development underwriting and compliance an asset.
- Occasional out of town travel is required
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: Courtnie.firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca