Richardson Executive Search
Systems Analyst Edmonton, AB
Our client, a growing and reputable national transportation solutions company, is seeking a System Analyst to join their team in Edmonton, AB.
The System Analyst is responsible for ensuring that appropriate information technology is in place and maintained in an efficient, timely, and secure manner. The System Analyst will be continuously identifying areas of improvement and making recommendations on implementing new technologies and projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Health & Safety
- Read, understand, and comply with internal safety policies, safe work practices, procedures, and rules as well as any OHS legislation as it applies to your work.
- Actively participate in the company’s safety program.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect themselves and others around them at the workplace.
- All other safety responsibilities and duties as determined by the company’s safety program and OHS legislation.
- Design, provision, monitor, and maintain mission-critical cloud and on-premises IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical leadership for projects and complete associated activities to meet team, department, and corporate objectives.
- Identify and leverage cloud technologies, platforms, and associated methods to solve business and technical challenges.
- Provide recommendations on product features, design, security, and industry best practices.
- Provide architectural recommendations to projects in the use of AWS, Azure, M365, and other cloud technologies.
- Formulate, document, and update standard procedures for system administration.
- Maintain the company’s server, network, telephony, database, and security infrastructure.
- Work with the IT team to design, install, configure, tune, and optimize use of the network infrastructure and related components.
- Participate in the development of KPI’s for infrastructure performance and availability.
- Ensure server, network, and security infrastructure is maintained and designed to provide high performance of business applications.
- Plan, document, and test appropriate infrastructure disaster recovery and/or business continuity systems.
- Identify areas for enterprise-wide system improvements and upgrades, including trending analysis and capacity planning.
- In collaboration with the IT Manager, ensure the security and integrity of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain process automation using the tools available.
- Support the software development and data analysis teams with enterprise application projects, capacity management, and performance improvements.
- Collaborate with the IS team to research and POC new trending technologies, environment enhancements, and best practices.
- Coach, mentor, and serve as an escalation point for junior staff and other teams.
- On-Call support commitments.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in computer technology or a related discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience working in Information Technology roles and industry.
- Azure and/or AWS certification is an asset.
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting languages are considered an asset.
- Significant experience with Hybrid Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Cisco Meraki technologies.
- Significant experience designing, configuring, and implementing LANs, WLANs, VPNs, SD-WANs, VOIP, and firewalls.
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-branch environment, with extensive knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Demonstrated project management experience such as planning, execution, compliance, risk mitigation, and sustainment.
- Effective and efficient problem solving and decision-making skills; thoughtful, proactive, and creative.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to interface with team members and customers to promote positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to forge, grow, and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
COURTNIE FUSTER | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca