Richardson Executive Search
Tax Manager Edmonton, Alberta
We have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Manager to join the inspirational, innovative, and entrepreneurial Tax team of MNP.
MNP is a leading national accounting, tax, and business advisory firm in Canada, which provides business strategies and solutions to its clients. Entrepreneurial to their core, and talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
For more information visit their website at: https://www.mnp.ca/.
- Lead multiple clients facing engagement teams responsible for the completion of tax engagements.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high-quality deliverables.
- Participate in the development of proactive tax strategies for clients to make effective use of business opportunities and ensure businesses run effectively.
- Prepare election forms required in corporate reorganizations.
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive restructuring proposals to meet client needs.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues.
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work using a variety of sources.
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses, and industry.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues, other professionals, and the firm leadership team in a timely manner.
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development.
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews.
- Attend internal MNP and external courses to further develop tax planning and compliance knowledge.
- Assist in the management of the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons.
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable.
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and coordinating engagements.
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly.
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing tax returns and other work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members.
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Completion of Level 1 of CPA In-depth Tax Program and other specialist development courses.
- 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting and/or tax consulting.
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, TaxCycle, and TaxPrep.
- Extensive working knowledge of Canadian Tax.
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles.
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills; ability to solve problems, make decisions, negotiate, and deal effectively with people.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to maintain ongoing communication to anticipate and prevent potential problems, develop, and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Proven leadership and supervisory capabilities; ability to motivate staff towards constant improvement and encourage staff to make recommendations, mentoring, performance management and development.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to action requests and competing deadlines in a timely matter.
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
JESSE JACOBSON | T: 587.453.4242 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca