Richardson Executive Search
Vice President of Human Resources Edmonton, Alberta
Our client, the Canadian Brewhouse, is looking for an experienced and professional Vice President of Human Resources.
The Human Resources Leader for the Canadian Brewhouse (CBH) will provide overall support for leaders and employees. The position is a balance of driving strategic initiatives while driving day-to-day tactical operations. The position requires the candidate to partner with the C-suite team to ensure the implementation, and monitoring of company HR strategies and solutions, with a focus on driving success and meeting business goals and objectives, while improving working relationships, building morale, increasing and increasing productivity. The position will partner with business leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, succession planning, compensation, and employee relations. The position will lead a team of HR team members and ensure their development.
The Canadian Brewhouse (CBH) is a one-of-a-kind national restaurant and sports bar chain. They began with their first location in West Edmonton Mall in 2002 and in 2011 began their journey with franchise partners. The CBH works to truly honour the rich history of Canada while broadcasting a love of sports culture.
For more information, please visit their website at: https://thecanadianbrewhouse.com/.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition
- Assist leaders with workforce planning to identify and analyze what the needs in terms of workforce (size, type, experience, knowledge, skills, and quality) to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain consistent job titles and descriptions across the business/locations.
- Ensure employee onboarding and orientation processes are being conducted using CBH resources and materials through HR team staff.
- Oversight of recruitment initiatives for the organization.
- Growing company brands and reputation to attract top tier talent.
- Strategic understanding of People agendas and best in class practices covering attraction, recruitment, performance management, employee engagement, talent management and organizational design, change and development including culture change and evolution.
- Experience in developing and embedding people-focused growth strategies to deliver on business objectives.
Policies, Procedures and Employee Relations
- Provides counsel and direction to HR Staff, leaders, supervisors, and employees to address employment-related matters.
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable Canadian laws and regulations related to employment, employee relations, compensation, and all other aspects of human resources.
- Conducts investigations in response to formal complaints.
- Manages disciplinary and separation processes through HR staff.
- Ensures locations are trained on the Company’s employment-related policies as required by law.
- Interpret and administer company policies for employees and management.
- Participate with other members of HR team to serve as employee advocate while balancing role of internal business partner.
- Monitors employment practices and decisions to ensure fair and ethical practices that foster effective employee relations, reduced turnover, and promote and maintain a high level of employee morale and harmonious environment.
- Working with multiple consultants for both the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the International Mobility Program. This involves everything from understanding the LMIA process through resolving audits in the future.
- Working hands-on with foreign workers on customized onboarding and permanent residency applications.
- Participates in the implementation and administration of compensation, bonus and incentive programs and structure.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling.
- Drive and facilitate effective performance management practices (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to create and maintain a high-performance culture that improves organizational capability.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate with HR Talent Development team to support talent development and training for the organization.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up with Talent Development team, managers, and associates to ensure training objectives are met.
- Work with leaders and HR staff to drive company culture by promoting company-wide initiatives and building initiatives to support employee engagement; Release organizational communication, to ensure a positive employee experience and employee engagement.
- 15+ years’ experience as an HR professional leading an organization, subsidiary, or region.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experience leading a team of HR professionals.
- Knowledge of Canadian employment practices and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of employee relations practices.
- Ability to provide strategic HR support.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and task focused.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
DARYL.HENRY | E: Daryl.Henry@richardsonsearch.ca | www.richardsonsearch.ca