Richardson Executive Search
VP, Sales and Marketing Edmonton, AB
We have an excellent opportunity for a dynamic leader to step into a VP, Sales and Marketing role with a prominent building products company based in Edmonton. The successful candidate should have a demonstrated track record building and leading a sales and marketing team, come from the industry, and have previous experience working with dealers, contractors and suppliers to connect with their customer base. They should be strong with sales analytics, reporting and making presentations to an array of stakeholders including senior management.
With over 40 years in business, Expocrete (an Oldcastle company) is a recognized leader in Western Canada for manufacturing and distributing specialized, high-quality concrete hardscape and masonry products. Their corporate office is in Acheson, Alberta with manufacturing centres in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg with sales offices located across Western Canada.
Expocrete’s Vision: Together we create, inspire and deliver innovative sustainable concrete solutions to bring our customer’s vision to reality.
- Respect and Integrity
- Trusted Stewardship
- Winning Team Spirit
- Safety is our Way of Life
To learn more about Expocrete, please visit their website at: http://www.expocrete.com/
The VP, Sales & Marketing will be responsible for the following:
- The leadership of Expocrete’s Sales & Marketing team (3 direct reports, and 10 indirect reports) across western Canada.
- Develop and maintain existing strategies to drive profitable growth and ensure world-class service for their customers.
- Demonstrate high level of safety awareness, ensure team complies with all safety procedures and policies.
- Provide direction and leadership to Sales Managers & Marketing Director for Masonry, Hardscapes and Retail divisions.
- Work with Sales Managers to create annual sales execution plans for all Sales Representatives.
- Ensure team meets or exceeds targets and sales goals.
- Develop and direct sales staff to establish new customers, increase sales, and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership Team on special projects, costing saving initiatives, etc.
- Create and deliver on an accurate sales and marketing budget year over year.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual sales reporting, identifying trends, areas for improvement, and health in the business.
- Recommend and implement strategies for market growth (e.g. new products).
- Continually analyzing the market to ensure Expocrete’s brand and products are front and centre.
- Understanding industry trends what other players in the market are offering to maximum Expocrete’s market potential.
- Work in collaboration with other Oldcastle companies to establish best market results.
- Ongoing evaluation of pricing structure to remain competitive and ensure year-over-year growth and profitability.
- Evaluate product portfolio and participate in new product introduction and Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) rationalization efforts to support on time an accurate order fulfillment.
- Collaborate with production and operations to monitor and ensure that product conforms to quality control parameters and is available in amounts to supply the product demand.
- Collaborate with Vice President and General Manager to resolve any major client account issues as quickly as possible.
- Collaborate with Finance Department on assigning credit, collections, and any billing challenges.
- Provide oversight and direction for Marketing Department (eg. Marketing materials, trade shows, etc.)
- Attend various trade shows, dealer events and networking events representing Expocrete.
- In collaboration with Marketing Director create and deliver on an accurate marking budget year over year.
- Analyze market trends, promote and secure new business by exploring potential product users and industries.
- Implement marketing strategies based on analytics that will target appropriate audience
- Increase revenue through marketing initiatives and provide measurable results.
- Administration of Salesforce (SFDC) for Western Canada.
- Oversee administrative sales functions for the specified product sales program.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
- Command of the business (Legitimacy, Competence and Confidence)
- Possesses the attitude and ability to adapt
- Recruits and hires the right sales and marketing leaders
- Thinks strategically like a business leader
- Develops strong relationships
- High EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Management, Sales, Marketing, Client Services, or equivalent in training, education or experience in a related field or function.
- 10+ years’ experience in Senior Management, Sales or Marketing, performing roles of similar scope and responsibility.
- Must possess a strong track record of proven leadership of high performing teams in Sales and Marketing.
- Must be familiar with residential, commercial, and retail distribution channels.
- Excellent with CRM tools and technology as well as Microsoft Office products and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience working in a mid-sized business with multiple locations throughout Western Canada is considered an asset.
Up to 50% travel through Western Canada and occasionally international travel as required. A vehicle allowance will be provided.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Sandy Jacobson | T: 780.944.1327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.richardsonsearch.ca